What happened to Alley Cats Pizza?

Yeah, the price is ridiculous now. But 15 years ago you basically had Pizza Hut, Dominos and Napoli. And maybe those $50 pizza shops that popped up for a minute. By comparison, Alleycats was great and people were happy to pay a bit extra. Last time I went was when they had that pop up at the old China Trust building site, and I was just there for a relaxing beer and pizza with the kids.

1 Like

The pizza was very good…

Pizza in Taiwan is so complicated.

Yet the pizza stores are popping up as mushrooms!

You’ve talked about investors getting scammed and you’ve talked about investors getting burned but you’ve provided no evidence. People have given you many reasons why Alleycat’s may be less successful now than it once was, and I haven’t seen any suggestions of malfeasance, despite what certainly look like efforts on your part to encourage that idea. If you just want to attack the guy, I suppose you can go ahead and do it (although I’m not sure what the site regulations are on that), but the “Oh hey what’s up with this nudge nudge psst I heard something bad” schtick is getting tiresome.

1 Like

You’re absolutely right, I should not have gone down that path. Of course, there are many reasons for restaurants to close in the city.

1 Like

I tried Alley Cats back when I lived in Tainan at the dream mall. I thought it was terrible and expensive.

1 Like

How was that?

1 Like

haha. it would be really cold to live at the dream mall. i should have said: When I lived in Tainan, I tried Alley Cats at the dream mall. It was still bad and one of the reasons that I usually make my own pizza!

1 Like

It would be pretty cool to live in a mall.

That’s why many spend their time there during the summer.

I remember that is would be cold unless I could move into Zara Home? http://www.tsrd.com.tw/brand.php?Iid=518

1 Like

Dibs on Spencer’s

1 Like

https://youtu.be/R3ihZBN7mYA

Can’t please everyone but these people won’t be going back to alleycats

Is this English? Is Tommy drunk?

No, he just means "you can’t please everyone, but these people etc.’

At what point do they eat at Alleycats, tommy525? I can’t face ploughing through the full 15 minutes.

Skip to the last three mins I think

1 Like

Two? There’s Huashan, there’s Lishui, there’s the one behind Taipei Main Station on Civic Blvd, and there’s Neihu. Aren’t these all still there? Oh, and Danshui too. I have seen these all recently.

I think their pizza is fantastic. Love the thin crusts, like they have in Italy. And no corn, pork floss, or soybeans!

Shack is my go to in Xindian. The Shack has the original Alleycats feel and welcome.