What happened to Alley Cats Pizza?

I’m waiting for some pizzeria to make a 珍珠奶茶口味 pizza with the black pearls as toppings, etc.

What? That sounds revolting.

2 Likes

I think my Google Translate just exploded…

the Ovaltine chocolate malt powder into the foreskin, and then use Ahuatian crispy force wipes instead of pork sauce

Me, I’m feeling a little dizzy here…

6 Likes

Don’t worry, your Google Translate works fine. The Chinese text has the same meaning.

1 Like

Expect endless lines!

1 Like

I don’t want it if it’s “Ovomaltine”, gross.

Coming from the West coast of the USA, my taste for pizza is thick, soft crust, plenty of sauce, and a hearty serving of toppings on a moderate amount of cheese.

Every place I have been to in Taiwan has failed to deliver on one or all of these. Mostly it’s the sauce and crust that is lacking. I don’t know why Taiwanese skimp so much on sauce or leave it off altogether. To me, it’s what makes pizza great.

The trend over the past decade has been flat crispy crust. It may be how the Italians do it and I don’t mind it, but it’s not filling. Give me a soft thick crust and I am sold.

People’s tastes in pizzas are endless in variety. It’s hard to cater to each and every one of them. Just wish I could find a good pizza place that delivers on all I like.

1 Like

Wow, it’s ‘ersatz’ chocolate! What’s not like about it?:nauseated_face:

The Ovomaltine Crunchy cream is actually pretty good, but NOT on pizzas. They don’t even have to do anything, just spread a ready made cream on pizza dough and top with BACON.:nauseated_face: Pathetic.

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Best Pizza in Taipei

OK, just found this.

“Vegemite, Marmite and Ovomaltine were banned because they contain added vitamins, and thus a license must be obtained from the food authorities.”

" A British specialty food shop in Canada has been ordered to stop selling famous UK goods such as Marmite and Irn-Bru because they contain unapproved ingredients. Canada has banned the sale of a string of iconic British foods such as Marmite, Ovaltine and Irn-Bru because they contain illegal additives, it was claimed."

It’s ready for the Taiwanese market! :wink::laughing:

2 Likes

taste awful :grinning:

3 Likes

That’s just terrible! What next mayonnaise and M&Ms? It’s now making sense why they are closing all their locations.

California Pizza Kitchen used to make one before they closed. Boba pizza that is.