What happened to the GOP?

I know all that @McNulty you are not adding anything to the conversation.

Apologies, I thought you asked why people were fixated on her. Those are some pretty obvious reasons why they are.

2 Likes

Democrats would be better to focus on their own flaws rather than fixating on how they can attack Republicans, but it’s what both Republicans and Democrats do, little ability to self reflect. At least the woman in question apologized for her misguided beliefs and public statements.

We may differ, but I believe those thoughts and beliefs disqualify her from a prominent role in the U.S. government.

I am pretty certain you wouldn’t want someone like her playing a prominent role in your country’s government, would you?

I’m not inclined to spend much time thinking about her at all, there are what 400 people in the House of Representatives? I actually thought QAnon (the actual postings, not the supporters) were pretty funny, but as I said right from the beginning it was an obvious LARP, yeah, not too bright to take any of that too seriously.

Anyway, this is the current fixation of the media and Democrats, it actually gets a bit boring, Trump says something about how to get rid of the Coronavirus which is taken out of context and we get the joke posted 455 times a day for weeks, “har har, did you hear Trump said to drink beach”, well yes, that would be about the 100th time for this day and not quite as many as the day before, or the day before that and no doubt will hear the same joke as many times the next day.

Democrats and the media, seem to get a little fixated on a topic, then they move on to another one and get fixated on that for a while.

2 Likes

It is a serious battle for the direction and heart of the Republican party. Unfortunately, fealty to Trump and the politics of personality seem to be carrying the day with only a small minority of Republicans talking sense

In the five-minute video directed at the members of the party’s State Central Committee, Sasse defended himself as holding Trump accountable for his actions and denounced blind loyalty to a single person.

“Politics isn’t about the weird worship of one dude,” Sasse said. “The party can purge Trump skeptics. But I’d like to convince you that not only is that civic cancer for the nation, it’s just terrible for our party.”

Sasse also used the video to reiterate his disdain for Trump’s behavior between Election Day and his departure from office, when Trump continuously spread false claims that the election was stolen from him. Sasse said the Capitol riot “happened because the president lied to you” and because Trump “riled a mob that attacked the Capitol — many chanting ‘hang Pence.’”

And they haven’t forgotten how to censure

In a statement, Kinzinger spokeswoman Maura Gillespie responded to the censure vote, saying: “While Capitol Police Officer [Brian] Sicknick was being honored in state for his ultimate sacrifice — defending our democracy — the LaSalle County GOP was condemning Congressman Kinzinger for trying to hold the president accountable for the actions that led to his death.”

4 Likes

It’s funny because I saw her interviewed by D’Souza, and now she’s trying to seem reasonable and adult. No way. The Republican leadership knew they had another cancer on their hands right away, but, the voters differed. The sickness runs deep right now.

4 Likes

The GOP’s problem is that they accept her as one of them, and therefore she represents the GOP. Q represents the GOP. I don’t think I need to get into why this is going to become more and more a problem for them.

GOP votes to remove Cheney from leadership: 61

GOP votes to remove Greene from committees: 11

QOP. or GOQ?

2 Likes

Stop it with the loopy logic, she represents herself, AOC represents herself, you represent yourself and I represent myself.

It’s bloody annoying this double standard when you correctly see protests all year and some riots you are able to say, mostly peaceful and the rioters don’t represent the peaceful protesters then people do an about face and call everyone at the capitol terrorist regardless if they were just standing around peacefully or not.

They get it right with Tara Reade, people should be cautious with a he said she said account of things, but pile on with the most outrageous conspiracy theories with no actual proof of anything with regard Brett Kavanaugh.

They understand if pedophiles are arrested as a part of Antifa it doesn’t make the entire Democrat party pedophiles or even all of Antifa, yet find a neo Nazi in Proud boys and all of a sudden thats proof the entire Republican party are fascists.

Stop playing that game of guilt by association, thats a childs game. Especially when you know better and know not to apply the same standard to your chosen party.

AMEN TO THIS!

Not all protests have the same aims and ambitions and they can’t be equated in this manner. Only one was an insurrection attempt on the Capitol.

Far right extremism is guiding the right. Far left extremism is rare and not guiding the current Dems. If there is any critique to be made of Dems, it’s that they are still too corporate leaning.

The GOP needs to clean its house of that element if it wants to stop feeling guilty about associating with them. Extremists play way too much of a role in their org and there are far too many of them reaching cabinet positions etc.

Way too many of them are for comfort at this point, can we agree with that?

No, she represents the GOP and their values, if she represented herself there would be a Q next to her name.

1 Like

The Democrats need to stop telling everyone what to do, what they can say and what they can think. It’s bordering on authoritarianism.

Spend a bit of time looking at what they can do better themselves rather than make everything about what Republicans should be doing. They have all three branches of Government, have at it.

It’s going to be super popcorn fun time watching this party chase and appease Trump and reps like Space Lasers.

3 Likes

There are rules that our legislators abide by. It’s not about telling anyone what to do. They have jobs, the rules to those jobs are laid out in plain language like yours, mine or anyone else’s.

1 Like

As your article in the NY Times points out.

Some Republicans are now arguing that voting in favor of the resolution would set a dangerous precedent because it would effectively allow the majority party to dictate which lawmakers in the minority party are fit to serve on committees, a crucial pipeline for members to advance legislation. Committee assignments have traditionally been the prerogative of the party leaders.

What goes around comes around, you don’t think there are members of the Democrat party that Republicans will remove if they take back the majority in 2 years?

Anyway, knock yourselves out, Democrats are working extra hard to fortify their echo chamber and what is and what is not allowed to be said, even in some cases the truth has to be banned.

Is this her Trump-esque nickname? Way better than Lyin’ Ted or Pocahontas!

4 Likes

If they happen to vote in any wing nuts like this woman, I hope so.

2 Likes

It’s the GQP, at least in the house.

3 Likes

Could not agree more:

“Sadly, it has already become essentially a cult, not just of QAnon, but a whole range of conspiracy theories orbiting around Donald Trump,” Schiff said in an interview with CBS News chief Washington correspondent Major Garrett for this week’s episode of “The Takeout” podcast. “Which of course is a disaster not only for the Republican Party, but is a disaster for the country. We really rely on two functional parties for our system to work, and right now we don’t have that.”

“Until they’re able to extricate themselves from this lunatic fringe, until they’re able to extricate themselves also from the person of Donald Trump, there’s not much hope for that party, tragically,” Schiff said about Republicans.

Basically the GOP now has TDS.

3 Likes

Adam Schiff is the one who pushed Russia collusion harder than anyone else, plus he was instrumental for the impeachment farce first time round, no one has done more to divide America than Adam schiff, he should be expelled from all committees too.

2 Likes