What happened to the GOP?

Oil gets ticker as it gets colder, hence diesel engines that won’t start, and water separation filters freeze up because they are not maintained. Everything rotating that needs lubrication must work harder and eventually fails.

Most of Texas that are not on the gulf of Mexico are pretty dry, and could use an evaporative cooler for air conditioning and is less energy intensive. However, most people live along the coast and in the summer it’s probably hotter and just as humid as Taiwan. There’s no way people wouldn’t use AC during the summer with current buildings.

Nobody’s saying don’t use. Doesn’t mean you can’t make it efficient. Increase thermo setting, invest in inverter ACs, better piping insulation. Building insulation.

1 Like

Texas GOP governor Greg Abbott uses the disaster to score political points and changes his narrative on the cause of the problem when talking to Fox news.

2 Likes

Is anything more GOP than Ted Tar and Feather Cruz fleeing to Cancun while people in his state freeze to death?

[Sen. Ted Cruz traveled to Cancun for family vacation as Texas struggles through a winter storm crisis, source says - Baltimore Sun] (https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/nation-world/ct-aud-nw-ted-cruz-cancun-trip-texas-storm-20210218-mbk7r3pl65gqlmpw23cgstxirq-story.html

Ted Cruz went to Mexico on vacation amid weather crisis that left much of Texas without power: AP source - Chicago Sun-Times

2 Likes

Cancun Ted does have a ring to it.

2 Likes

shame he didn’t go to tijuana

1 Like

I mean Cancun Cruz is just a little on the nose, like a Trump nickname.

3 Likes

I gotcha, was thinking Tijuana Ted, but Cancun Cruz works also. Either way, everyone is probably a little happier each time he moves a little further south!
#spacelasers

We should create a nickname for all the GOP seditionists

Cancun Cruz
Tar and Feather Ted works too
Sedition Suzie Collins
Hypocrite Hawley
Moscow Mitch obv
Treason Johnson (Ron Johnson)
Stool Pigeon Scalise
Judas Jimmy Baird
Mutiny Matt Gates

Here’s all 126 of em’, work with me
Here’s a breakdown of all 126 seditious Republicans who signed on for a coup d’état - Alternet.org

1 Like

I feel like some of those have too many syllables to connect though. Like hypocrite, sedition, these words are too indirect for dems to use to win GOP voters. Needs to be more something with a direct connection.

Trump connected with certain people for a reason, dems should use his playbook against him, it works, speak their language.

Cruz and Mitch geographic ones are good for example.

For Hawley…Hitler Youth Hawley I prefer, it’s a bit long though, needs work.

Other effective ones are Gym Jordan, and DUI Gates.

Like you know right away what they reference.

1 Like

Just listen to this idiot. :joy: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

Fuck, I wish I had a secretary as smart as her

She defends Cancun Cruz more than he defends his own wife.

1 Like

Surprised you’d talk that way about a fellow countryman.
We Canadians usually stick together, even if it is Cruz :canada:

1 Like

Every Republican President Over The Last 100 Years Has Had A Recession

The last 100 years has seen a total of 18 separate recessions. Of these 18 recessions, 5 of which took while a Democratic President was in the oval office. 1 Recession began while a Republican was in office ( George W. Bush) and was inherited by a Democrat (Barack Obama).

13 of these recessions took place while a Republican held the White House.

Hopefully the grass roots will root out the uniparty republicrats:

What happened to the GOP? Trump. And he keeps happening.

2 Likes

Not according to everyone in there

Trump critic McMullin sees continuity in the former president’s rise.
“My view of Trump and Trumpism is it was a logical next step on a destructive trajectory that was already present in the GOP before Trump came along,” he said.

1 Like

Yes, the stage was set and any number of populists could have emerged but Trump took advantage. The party must now contend with his unique dysfunctional style.

3 Likes