What happens if i don't pay my traffic fine before the due date?

What happens if i don’t pay my traffic fine before the due date?

You’re tracked down, wrapped in a sack and thrown into the pacific.

3 Likes

The fine starts to accrue penalties/interest. That’s about it as far as I know.

2 Likes

And there’s nothing you can do about it, because you’ll be floating in a sack on the Pacific.

3 Likes

Multiplied by 3 and once it hits 3000 they take it from your bank without asking.

Dont ask me how I know this. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

If you accumulate too much of unpaid fine, tax, etc., you are banned from leaving Taiwan.

how do you know it?

4 Likes

1800 Ntd is not a big amount, pay it dawg

Ok it was me I did it. My scooter is registered in Hsinchu and I wasn’t getting my traffic fines at my new address. Then they brought in a law whereby the traffic authorities can get your account deets and just take that money out.

I have zero issue with that. It was a fair cop as they say.

They also get any address update as well these days so the tickets will reach you anyway.

Oh, I see.

Wait, what?!
Is that for real?

Yes absolutely. Your bank should inform you a lien (?) has been placed on the funds. They won’t move immediately so you can argue the toss if necessary. I called up the guys in the hsinchu office cos it’s a bit alarming receiving all the official documents. They literally told me to chill out and if I wanted don’t bother paying the tickets myself since it’s easier for them just to take the money. I guess this was done because of all the small-dick men who speed around the island every night in sports cars and big bikes paid for by daddy. Those guys are picking up multiple speeding tickets every night.

3 Likes

Well, at least they inform you before taking your money.
I think on people that are not paying because they are short on funds, them government comes and takes the little money they have. Doesn’t look fair.
As for the spoiled brats racing around… That’s a whole other can of worms.

Well if you have no money you should abide by the law I guess.

Or, withdraw all your money and keep it in a shoebox. :sweat_smile:

Ahhh…The good old days with ghost scooters.

1 Like

Well, you should abide regardless if you have money or not. Hence, the spoiled brats.

Until a new law is passed, and government can take your shoebox… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Dammit, hands off my shoebox!

1 Like

Did explain this to my brother but never believe me so he paid triple…

It doubles then triples then quadruples. Happened to me.

Traffic fines can be paid at Seven Eleven and Family Mart over a course up to 18 months by interest-free installments

Also you can check online how much is your traffic fine

https://www.mvdis.gov.tw/m3-emv-eng/public_en/trafficFineEn

Other options for “misplaced” traffic ticket payment

1 Like

And the fine will pass down to your children or closest blood relative.