What happens to president horsey

Then we should also let out everybody who has committed the same crimes as he. Including some of Ma’s own people who are serving time now.[/quote]

Who have anywhere near the same sentence length? The former vice-minister, whose mother and wife were caught flushing money down the toilet and burying it got a few years; the family, nothing.

Who had anywhere near Chen’s authority and trust of the people then as the President of the Republic of China?

I don’t think you can argue this both ways. If you want to stress Chen’s presidency then many would also argue that it is undignified for a nation to treat a former leader as he is being treated. Either he was and is special and so should expect superior treatment to go with his heavier sentence; or he is a commoner and deserves no more scorn, or lengthy sentence, for his crime.

He was special. Absolutely. What did he do with it? That’s why he’s in jail.

So if he deserves a lengthier sentence because he was president then he also deserves better quarters. You can’t have it both ways. He still is a symbol of the country. Treating him so shabbily reflects poorly on the Ma admin and makes them look shabby.

Those elected by the people should take being a servant of the public as a sacred duty. Not as an opportunity to get rich. He could have modeled himself after Bill Clinton’s post-presidency and gotten rich that way. He is a victim of his own short-sightedness.

And let’s not forget how he threw Lee Teng-hui under the bus after he was arrested. The man has no integrity.

And no, he’s not a symbol of the country anymore. He’s no longer president. All that former presidents have when they leave office is their legacy. He made his bed.

I pray that horsey gets a leaky, mouldy cell too.

You are trying to have it both ways. I am not going to explain that again.

Treating him like any other criminal reflects very well on the rule of law in the ROC. And yes, if Ma has broken the law, he too should be treated the same. Regardless of your position or the riches you own, you should be treated like every other criminal.

How come horsey did not go to jail?

His accountant did.

Last September saw horsey interfere with the legal system in ways which should earn him a decade on Green Island.

You think he deserved special punishment because he was president but then want to claim he should be treated as any other criminal. Are you really this ignorant of the meaning of your own words?

If Chen had been treated as a regular person he would be out of jail already.

How come horsey did not go to jail?

His accountant did.

Last September saw horsey interfere with the legal system in ways which should earn him a decade on Green Island.[/quote]

When Ma’s term is over in about 2 years. Try him. Be prepared to provide evidence.

You think he deserved special punishment because he was president but then want to claim he should be treated as any other criminal. Are you really this ignorant of the meaning of your own words?

If Chen had been treated as a regular person he would be out of jail already.[/quote]

I’m not too familiar with civil law, having grown up in a common law country. Can you please provide evidence that his punishment was overly severe? I remember seeing articles where they have shortened his jail sentences.

Be sure to name the cell something like " 中興 "

If Chen had been treated as a regular person he would be out of jail already.[/quote]

I’m not too familiar with civil law, having grown up in a common law country. Can you please provide evidence that his punishment was overly severe? I remember seeing articles where they have shortened his jail sentences.[/quote]

Chen received 11 years for his roll in the Longtan purchase. The family that bribed him, nothing. Jeffrey Koo was on trial for other major financial crimes during which he walked free. Even after a 9 year sentence he was free on appeal. Chen meanwhile was incarcerated before his trial. This is very unusual in Taiwa.

There are dozens of examples like this. Where you been?

taipeitimes.com/News/front/a … 2003558093

This is what I found on Jeffrey Koo. Looks like prosecuters lied to get him to return to Taiwan, but it’s inadmissible.

chinapost.com.tw/taiwan-busi … -finds.htm

Ah, here we go. However, Chen was a public servant, Koo was a private citizen.

taipeitimes.com/News/front/a … 2003561141

According to this article, violations of the Anti-Corruption Act carries a minimum sentence of 10 years. I’m fairly sure Chen violated that act. It hasn’t been 10 years.

taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/ … 2003561335

I think Lin Yi-shih would be a better argument for you. Although, Chen was convicted on many more counts. So, yeah, I would agree they “threw the book” at Chen. All current and future ROC presidents should be forewarned.

So if he deserves a lengthier sentence because he was president then he also deserves better quarters. You can’t have it both ways. He still is a symbol of the country. Treating him so shabbily reflects poorly on the Ma admin and makes them look shabby.[/quote]

He WAS treated just like any other prisoner. Now he IS getting special treatment.

I asked you earlier to give me clear examples of his illegal use of power that have supporting evidence. You still haven’t given any concrete examples. You can’t just hope he goes into a prison cell because you don’t like his administration. You need proof of ILLEGAL activity.

Horsey directed his supreme court judges to issue a guilty verdict.

Thank you for your statement of pure speculation. It’s very helpful.