What has Trump done for Taiwan so far?

since your elections are less than a year away, i think this thread is appropriate. what has trump done for you living here in taiwan? any improvements or impairments? let us know here.

made watching presidential politics a great form of entertainment.
previously, all bland and ZZZzzz. Now we got an orange-haired man saying all kinds of things off-the-cuff that roil financial markets, hurt people’s feelings, make people laugh. He’s definitely broken the mold and went nuclear on how one can view a politician in office. A breath of fresh political air.

2 Likes

Yeah nothing to do with living in Taiwan, just a positive spin on the self destructive behavior of conservatives. all for the sake of “winning”. SAD!

yes

[quote=“KHHville, post:2, topic:186461”]
make people laugh.
[/quote] yes

yeah, but what has he done for YOU?
You skipped over the initial question.

I find none of it refreshing. There’s something comforting in having a leader who bides by certain decorum, is civil in appearance and knows how to string together a grammatical correct sentence.

Why the current president’s behavior is so “refreshing” to so many people says a lot about those people.

3 Likes

I think your inability to see other people’s POV is sad. And it’s pretty clear how you think of Trump supporters and middle America. White uneducated rednecks as that’s 99% of your unfunny funny political pictures. This kind of thinking is the reason he will win again. This kind of elitist attitude on a moral high horse is tiring.

I was against trump when he ran and was really upset he won. I admit it too me a while to kind of accept it but I did and gave him a chance. Here is what they said would happen if he got elected.

He will crash the economy

The rest of the world will see US as a joke

What else? Nuclear war lol?

Democrats have made themselves look foolish with every attempt to discredit trump. He was done the exact opposite of what they’ve claimed and now they’re scrambling to impeach him because of it. This will be the first time I will support and vote for a Republican candidate after many years of democrat support, and I know there are many others who feel the same way.

4 Likes

because previous presidents and their “decorum” were useless.
All fake. With Trump, you get what you see.
With all others, you don’t know what you get, because they won’t tell you.

1 Like

Personally? Fuck all.

Professionally? Forced me to increase pricing from China and/or move more production to SE Asia where possible (still with a cost increase).

Okay, what size paintbrush you using to make that statement?
(unable to find a roller .jpg)

1 Like

And the left is consistently portrayed as lazy millennials looking for free shit. There is truth in both which is why they are funny to both sides.

I do think a good portion of Trumps base are uneducated and resent those who are educated. The solution to a economy that neglects them is to train/educate them to be able to quality for the millions of open jobs that have labor shortages and can’t be filled due to lack of skills. The economy has been on the same trajectory since 2009 and the underlying reason as to why they feel neglected has not been addressed.

This message is difficult to swallow, and certainly harder than false promises of bringing all manufacturing back to the US. The fact that those trade policies have failed and the only recourse is to prop up industries with subsidies is clear to those in the industry that the policies are failing. This is why I’m not worried about Trump. People are smart enough to notice nothing has changed for them. And again, as we saw in 2018, voter turnout is everything and I expect the same result.

You make some relevant points above.
However, I do think a good portion of Trumps base are uneducated and resent those who are educated.
A bit wrong.
It’s not that the uneducated (as you describe them) “resent those who are educated” (for the fact that they are educated), it’s that the uneducated (as you describe them) resent those who are educated looking down upon them and saying that they (the educated) know what is good for the uneducated (as you describe them).
The latter just want to be left alone and stop having the educated tell them how society should be, because they are educated.

1 Like

[quote=“Andrew0409, post:7, topic:186461”]
I think your inability to see other people’s POV is sad. And it’s pretty clear how you think of Trump supporters and middle America. White uneducated rednecks as that’s 99% of your unfunny funny political pictures.
[/quote] i always thought of that before. but so many things have happened, both positive and negative. it’s not about minority & majority anymore. it’s about doing the right thing. being human.

He’s done plenty for Taiwan. Let’s see at what cost.

• Muslims held up at the airport, because they were from countries with a Muslim ban.
  • Refugees separated from parents at the border, caged up like animals and dying.
  • White supremacists with GoPros shooting up synagogues because they believed George Soros was funding the migrant caravan, which he was fearmongering about during midterm elections.
  • White supremacists shooting up a Walmart in a predominantly Latino border town.
  • Cutting off all aid to Palestinian refugees and killing the two-state solution because his ambassador David Friedman has investments in the illegal West Bank settlements.
4 Likes

please show some proof, not that would me think of him better. but just sources

Hogwash. With previous president’s you knew what you got, you’d have to raise your game to understand.

If narcissistic behavior is your thing then go right ahead and emulate it. But be prepared for the consequences.

This thread was destined to veer hopelessly off topic.

1 Like

all politicians are narcissistic.
IJS

full.of.derp

1 Like

Oh yes I am generalizing here because it’s not hard to pull the receipts.