What have U failed to find? Biggest avg women's clothing?

In the Living in Taiwan thread we’re putting together a list of things for folks coming to Taiwan to bring with them, and one question was whether tampons are widely available; if so, where?

Second, if you have failed to find other things, please go there to contribute to the list. Thanks!

EDIT: Now the main outstanding question is: What is typically the largest size of women’s clothing, shoes and bras that the avg. store in Taiwan carries, and also, are there any big/tall stores for men/women anywhere on the island? Thanks!

Western size bras are apparently available at some markets.

1. An unpadded bra. (Only jdsmith’s wife knows where to find them :laughing: )
  2. Teething gel and orthopedic sandals for my baby.
  3. Antiperspirants/deodorants are often difficult to find, especially when you’re picky about this stuff.

Tampons are available in regular & mini at Wellcome supermarkets.

Rennies

Real Sichuan food

Yep, tampons are always at Watsons too…but with an aisle full of different brands of pads, why is there only ONE brand/type of tampon on sale!!!

What are Rennies?

lol, would you like her number??

i have yet to find slim fast! :fume:

Have you ever tried inserting one on a squat toilet? :astonished:

I want Disprin and fudge and Japanese movies with English subtitles and good-quality bodypaint/make-up and Q-tips that don’t fall apart and a waxing place, etc.
But, honestly, there is almost nothing that you can’t find here. So I’ll settle for hair-dye that you can wash out, i.e. with no bleach. The semi-permanent stuff. Haven’t been able to find any. L’Oreal, Revlon, Clairol. I buy some every time I leave the country.

UUUUUUGH!

TOO much information!

Up until now I thought you were a gay male (nothing wrong with that). Don’t know why. Maybe the avatars confuse me. I thought 914 was, well, never mind.

What’s Disprin?

[quote=“Dragonbones”]
What’s Disprin?[/quote]

If I’m not mistaken, Disprin is Soluble Aspirin. It was all the medics used to give us in the military :s

Isn’t all aspirin soluble?

So what made you change your mind about that one now? :smiling_imp:

Check out disprin.com/. Friends of mine once tried to get high by mixing it with mayo oil (that you get by microwaving the mayo) and injecting it. Not recommended.

I guess technically yes, but the ones I referred to have effer, ef ,erf…fizzy stuff in them so they HAD to be dissolved otherwise they upset your tum.

[/quote]

That’s a very good point.

[/quote]

Well, um, your avatar plus bi-attitude (beatitude? :slight_smile: :slight_smile: ), to wit:
Rubicon Bojador:

Its an antacid

Thanks. One outstanding question:

What is the largest size in women’s clothing, shoes, bra’s etc. in the average store around town, (i.e., above what size should you BYO); and are there big & tall stores for men/women anywhere in major cities? Or do big folks just make do with mail order and/or tailoring? (Any more pizza and beer, and I’ll need to know! :astonished: ) Thanks.