What if I fail the eye test?

For my eye test for the English teacher ARC, it was very obvious that I should probably wear glasses to see things at a distance. Anyway the lady testing me also made a comment like “your eyes aren’t so good eh?”… so if I botched the eye test will I still pass?

Have you considered…wearing some corrective lenses?

Lol, for sure but I haven’t yet gotten them. Generally I’m ok for getting around unless I need to read a blackboard or… do an eye test. Just wondering if this impacts health check result.

I don’t know about this test but the test required for a driver’s license allows you to wear your glasses, they just stamp the cerificate with 矯正 (“corrected”)

wat? Never heard of this.

Guess you learned something new? Ya know because some people are far-sighted and others are near-sighted…

is Pol Pot in charge of ARCs these days?

3 Likes

go to any one of those bazillion eyewear hole-in-the-walls on the island and get some glasses. Some even under NT$1000, all-inclusive.

I get mine for NT$500 per pair. I don’t need the wank Gucci ones that cost 10k or so.
They work just fine for about five years, until I stand on them or the cat eats them.

What the hell kinda cat you got, a dog?

1 Like

Well, one is small and skittish, but the other one is like a cross between a tiger and an elephant. He likes to eat plastic. If you let him, he’d devour an entire Macro bag in one sitting.

Where can I get cheap glasses around NTNU area (or not super far mrt ride away?)… I’m really gonna get the glasses now lol. But still just wanted to know if my bad eyes could actually cause me to not pass a health check?? I mean seems like they could just say “buy glasses” but I wanted to know if anyone has experience… I guess worse case I can show up with glasses when I pick up my health check result and they can test me with corrected vision if they want…

They sound like a couple of characters. Have you posted pictures of them in our designated cat thread?

Look for a 小林眼鏡. They’re all over the place. Grace Optical is another chain I can think of off the top of my head, but their frames are a bit pricier. Owndays if you like trendy Japanese/Korean style glasses.

Preferably plastic-eating pictures…

[quote=“k8919, post:12, topic:190208”]
Where can I get cheap glasses like around NTNU area (or not super far mrt ride away?)… I’m really gonna get the glasses now lol.

Don’t know that area, mate. I’m in Sanchong where everything is cheaper. I can show you the place if you come around. Take the MRT to Ximen, then it’s a NT$100 taxi ride. Shoot me a PM if you’re interested.

Indeed, but years back. The memory is not as it used to be.

There’s an eye test for teaching English?

2 Likes

It’s included in the general physical. I doubt you can actually fail it.

Yes there is an eye test… pretty sure I failed it hahaha. Well maybe I got the big E. K guys getting glasses soon…

As long as you passed the STD test you should be fine.