What if they're lying to you?

He uses the Ron Paul campaign to question the entire US electoral process,the government, and the media. The sharpest 4:00 I’ve experienced in a while.

Well, this guy has obviously read Factions.
The Founding Fathers were afraid that the factions, with all having the same power and weight of speech, would tear the country apart like rabid dogs. So, they built a 2-party representative democracy to limit public opinion.

And yes, Ron Paul is definitely the one cut out of the mold. In the 2008 race I was really interested in him and still have a high respect for him. Wouldn’t want him as my President, but he is definitely top as far as integrity goes. (Of course there is that bit of racism, but whatever. He’s old. It happens.)

The Founding Fathers built a 2-party representative REPUBLIC to ENSURE a wide range of public opinion is given voice.
They were also certain to not exclude the establishment of political parties to represent the of all the members of the republic. The founding documents were designed to allow modification as time and needs progressed.

Interesting vid FF.
Still, IMO, Ron Paul is crazier than a shit=house rat…but the views he puts forth still need to be heard.

I am impressed with what I have heard from this son, Rand.

I’m just amazed that Americans are only now considering that maybe The Powers That Be are lying to them. And that this concept is being aired on Fox.

Fox is the only network airing this kind of stuff, but very interestingly, even there it isn’t common. check out the other networks like CBS:

You don’t need to watch the whole thing. The point is that Ron Paul wasn’t even mentioned, let alone his ideas, but everyone else was. CBS and the other major networks have a virtual blackout on him. Jon Stewart even made a clip about Paul being floor 13 in a hotel.

Notice that even Fox didn’t mention Paul in Stewart’s clip.

About him being crazy, I think this is part of the mass media narrative. Anything other than the Republicrat/Demipublican big government stance is marginalized as “crazy.” Outside the box thinking is just that – outside the box. ANY other ideas have to be marginalized and that’s what’s happening. The media and the two parties determine the dialogue.

Agree with this.

Paraphrasing M. McLuhan (sp?) here: “The Media Makes the Message”

But I must add that the internet has seriously reduced the MSMs’ power to shape the message. Of course, it has also mainstreamed the fringe. “Good” & “Bad” I guess.
But I do agree that it is a good thing to get the less-than-mainstream voices into the political arena.

One thing, rather than characterize it as “outside the box thinking”…I tend to view it as “pushing the envelope” thinking.
Expanding the horizons of the ‘possible.’
Doesn’t mean its right or wrong - rather - will it work or not.

:2cents:

Top tier and Bachmann really do not belong in the same paragraph, least of all, same sentence. omg

Yeah, you might want to pay attention to the date this was aired. It was aired right around the time she won the Iowa straw poll… things have changed since then.

The first thing that struck me about Napolitano’s clip is that almost all of it could have come straight out of the mouth of Noam Chomsky. Weird indeed.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]But I must add that the internet has seriously reduced the MSMs’ power to shape the message. Of course, it has also mainstreamed the fringe. “Good” & “Bad” I guess.
But I do agree that it is a good thing to get the less-than-mainstream voices into the political arena.[/quote]

Agreed and part of the problem will be to not slip from outside-the-box thinking, as I call it, into outright conspiracy theories. We see that with Jesse Ventura. He was a vibrant third party politician that went completely off the deep end and I think that’s the main danger. The combined money and power behind the big government supported by both sides will be hard to surmount, meaning a “third option” might have to get funds from wherever they could. It will certainly be tough to compete against that. But taking money from the fringe…

It just disappoints me to see the Republican establishment line up behind Romney. I don’t hate him by any means, but he’s all hair and teeth – there’s no substance there. Any policies of his would be a direct continuation of Bush/Obama.

Well it is kind of weird how that lines up, isn’t it? In fact, there are Youtube clips of Chomsky defending Ron Paul. I was a big Chomsky fan in college, I even had Manufacturing Consent on VHS, LOL. I don’t like his anti-Americanism now but it’s true that many of the things him and McLuhan talked about have come true. The rise of big government in both parties is now creating some strange bed fellows.

Get down.
Gimme 50.
Go.
And sin no more.

I like the Judge, one of the only Fox airbags with independent thought.

Interesting to see them flirting with this anti-establishment rhetoric as oppose to the GOP talking points. This can only mean a few things:

-they have accepted the fact that Obama will be in office till 2017 and will need new angles to attack him
-they see there is a pretty penny to be made sucking in the Ron Paul internet crowd (that 18-35 y.o. demo is a advertising bonanza!)
-their traditional base is dying off and they need new blood

truth be told it is easy for the network to look ‘fair and balanced’ now when the only realistic candidates for their party in this upcoming election are so boring and flaccid they make John Kerry look like David Lee Roth.

This Fox reporter can NOT bring himself to say that Ron Paul did the best in this poll even when confronted by another Fox newscaster. It’s pointed out that Paul did the best, the newscaster is looking right at him…say it…SAY IT!!!..and no. “Um, Ron Paul did very well…” And let’s ignore the fact that Romney is in negative territory on every topic.

At this point it’s comical to watch people squirm.

Question for my American friends.

Say someone like Ron Paul or anyone for that matter who doesn’t toe the general Dem/Rep party thinking, became president. Would they actually be able to accomplish anything? If Congress is still mostly Dem/Rep, if the same lobbyists are still lobbying, the same big business is trying to get the best deals possible for their bottom lines, wouldn’t any president more or less have to follow the standard way of doing things that’s already in place? Is there even room for independent thought (no matter what it is)?

[quote=“cfimages”]Question for my American friends.

Say someone like Ron Paul or anyone for that matter who doesn’t toe the general Dem/Rep party thinking, became president. Would they actually be able to accomplish anything? If Congress is still mostly Dem/Rep, if the same lobbyists are still lobbying, the same big business is trying to get the best deals possible for their bottom lines, wouldn’t any president more or less have to follow the standard way of doing things that’s already in place? Is there even room for independent thought (no matter what it is)?[/quote]

That’s an excellent question, and I think you probably answered it, already. That is, I think that it could well be difficult for an Independent POTUS, in many cases. But, I don’t think that necessarily means that there would be no room for independent thought. And Independent POTUS would likely have some ideas that would be attractive to the Dems and some that would be attractive to the GOP. As such, I think it would be politics as usual, but, with stranger-than-usual bed-fellows.

[quote=“cfimages”]Question for my American friends.

Say someone like Ron Paul or anyone for that matter who doesn’t toe the general Dem/Rep party thinking, became president. Would they actually be able to accomplish anything? If Congress is still mostly Dem/Rep, if the same lobbyists are still lobbying, the same big business is trying to get the best deals possible for their bottom lines, wouldn’t any president more or less have to follow the standard way of doing things that’s already in place? Is there even room for independent thought (no matter what it is)?[/quote]

Who knows? It hasn’t happened in so long that no one can really say. But the combined resources of both sides are lined up against a candidate like Ron Paul just in the election. The Republican establishment would likely vote for Obama before Ron Paul, they hate him so much. So the support that you’re seeing for him and the fact that these newscasters are literally forced to at least acknowledge him just goes to show how many people are attracted to his libertarian views. This is the largest show of support for libertarianism I’ve ever seen and it’s huge.

I hate to say it but my personal opinion is he wouldn’t be allowed to complete a term of office. I’m sure something nefarious would be arranged. :frowning:

Thanks for the answers.

If this is secretly a thread about Ron Paul, he is a nut case.

He is the preferred choice of conspiracy theorists. In fact, he courts the conspiracy theorist vote by playing to their fears. While he denies this claim when asked about it at candidate debates or by leading journalists, he is all to happy to feed their fears. Take for example, this brief interview with the right-wing conspiracy group We Are Change
youtube.com/watch?v=yrQVaiFYmcg
Does Dr. Paul speak out against their conspiracy beliefs? No. And why not? He wants their votes.
Yes, we hear all about Dr. Paul and his support for prostitution and legal heroin. But is that what Dr. Paul really stands for? His son doesn’t think so.
cbsnews.com/8301-500202_162- … on-stands/

Here’s Dr. Paul speaking to the organized conspiracy group the John Birch Society about their member Larry McDonald
youtube.com/watch?v=lQQ–ju7 … re=related
Ronny’s been friends with the JBS for decades.
youtube.com/watch?v=X554O6TwiYM
Listen to the this. Ronnie speaks about the threat of the United Nations to American freedom. And you wonder why the conspiracy freaks like Ronny so much?

Here’s another great conspiracy video with Dr. Paul warning us about the one world currency.
youtube.com/watch?v=3Ad6llK6EaM
When’s he going start talking about the Anti-Christ? Maybe it’s Obama. Members of the John Birch Society have told me that. But Ronny calls them patriots.

Maybe it’s just that Dr. Paul isn’t the kind of guy he’s being made out to be. He really is the kind of guy that racists and conspiracy theorists and gun nuts really, really, really do want to vote for. He’s a lobby for the mentally ill. He’s a lightening rod for the clinically paranoid. He’s the kind of guy you can say anything about and it just might be true. So why not make him out to be a great guy who stands behind liberty and freedom?

I like Rand Paul…:smiley:

Somehow I am not surprised. But like his dad, Rand also has a few strange ideas about how the world is organized. Rand too often appeals to conspiracy theory in his campaigns. He opposes the NAFTA superhighway
tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.c … _video.php
The Amero one world currency
motherjones.com/mojo/2010/05/ran … conspiracy
and therefore obviously opposes the North American Union
youtube.com/watch?v=HtMIoiPRz-4
The problem is that no major politicians in the world have ever heard of these things. In fact, the Amero doesn’t exist except in the mind of Simon Fraser University professor Herb Grubel. Herb made it up, and now all the conspiracy theorists in the world just eat it for lunch…that is, all the conspiracy theorists and your honey Dr. RAND PAUL.

Rand does not belong to the AMA…no sir. He belongs to the Association of American Physicians & Surgeons
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Associatio … d_Surgeons
If you read the Great Wiki, you will find out that the AAPS is it’s own man. They publish their own journal, the Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons. I recommend you have a look, if you really like Dr. RAND PAUL, but be careful. The journal tells, among other things, that leprosy is sweeping the USA, being brought in by Koreans and Mexicans. AIDS is not caused by HIV. Radiation can be good for you. This last claim appears in a cool article published by some Taiwan guys.

Many of the members of the Association are also members of the John Birch Society.

So you see my conservative American friend, they are all nuts. All those guys from the American Liberty Movement, just write them off. I don’t know if Dr. RAND PAUL really believes this crap or if he pretends to because he knows there’s votes there. Does it matter? Like I said about Grandpa Ronny, the same thing could be said for Dr. RAND PAUL,