Call me simple-minded…[/quote]

OK. If you insist.[/quote]

That was too easy! Prepare for the bat to the back of the head!!! :laughing:

[quote=“Doctor Evil”][quote=“Truant”][quote=“Doctor Evil”][quote=“Truant”]
But anyway, why was Iraq invaded again?[/quote]

[/quote]
Is that answering the serious question? :unamused:[/quote]

It’s the answer the question deserves.[/quote]

That bring in mind an old saying my mentor once told me.

“There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers!”

But still funny.

You guys needed a break after all the tough times you’ve been having recenty. I’ll lob you a few more in the coming days to help keep your self-confidence up and disappearing completely from the discussion.

So how about a return shot try on the tougher question about which culture has really inflicted more death and destruction and keeping it in-bounds (ie. logical and at least remotely factual)? Anyone game? I’m curious what your take is on the relative body count issue.

[quote=“spook”]You guys needed a break after all the tough times you’ve been having recenty. I’ll lob you a few more in the coming days to keep you from losing all self-confidence and disappearing completely from the discussion.

So how about a return shot try on the tougher question about which culture has really inflicted more death and destruction and keeping it in-bounds (ie. logical and at least remotely factual)? Anyone game? I’m curious what your take is on the body count issue.[/quote]

I think the God Culture is the clear winner…if we’re looking at total human history. Before that, I’d say the homosapiens cracking the skulls of the neaderthals from the high ground would be the winna.

[quote=“Doctor Evil”][quote=“Chris”]
We enjoyed peace and international respect under Clinton’s masterful stewardship.[/quote]

We were the laughing stock of the world with that moron.

Here’s great example of how the French respected us:

youtube.com/watch?v=j4_DTpiZnm8[/quote]

I don’t think it was Clinton’s urges that made the U.S.A. “the laughing stock of the world”, it was rather the publicity that this caused, where nobody in the rest of this world would care a rat’s arse about the personel life of their politicians, if they were doing an okay job. And I believe he was doing an excellent job.

Man, my internet sucks during lunchtime, tripple post

double post, please delete

So what?..You’re not American and he wasn’t working for you. If you want, you can bring him to Germany and elect him president, prime minister, fuhrer or whatever and then talk about what a good job he’s doing.

You mean all those countries that [i]were[/i] Christian, Buddhist, Hindu, etc before being conquered by Islam?

So what?..You’re not American and he wasn’t working for you. If you want, you can bring him to Germany and elect him president, prime minister, fuhrer or whatever and then talk about what a good job he’s doing.[/quote]

Man, you really need to relax dude. Seems like your avatar is a self-portrait.

As we are all living on the same planet, and foreign policies effect us all, I think everybody has a right to state their opinion about the performance of a man who can do so much harm or good. Or are we at the point where only U.S. citizen have the right to have an opinion? Almost seems like it.

FYI, the president of Germany is not elected by public vote, and there is no prime minister in Germany either. And there is only one Führer.

[quote=“ratlung”]
FYI, the president of Germany is not elected by public vote, and there is no prime minister in Germany either.[/quote]

As I said, whatever. :laughing:

[quote=“Doctor Evil”][quote=“Jaboney”]
The US wouldn’t have squandered all that goodwill[/quote]

What goodwill?

So…let’s use Forumosa’s sophisticated international mix of posters here as an example…let’s turn on the Forumosa Wayback Machine and travel back to those exciting days of September, 2001.

[quote=“<Agree with hello?>”] America is reaping the seeds it has sowed and again, America is no saint as it has also been involved in generating thousands of “civilian casualties” in other countries. If things should be put under the spotlight here it should be America’s foreign policy (especially towards the Middle East). If the American public want to know why this is happenng to them then they should seek clarification from the american government about its “interests” in the middle east.

Concerning the American government - lets face it, not many countries really do like the American government. For Americans this may be hard to believe, but from the outside world (and I don’t mean no disrespect here - I’m just simply stating from an international level and not an American level)the American government has been involved with so many conflicts and has ruined many smaller cultures and beliefs in the name of “freedom”. I realise I may get seriously flamed for saying this but it is true on an international level.[/quote]

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … &&start=30

So what?..You’re not American and he wasn’t working for you. If you want, you can bring him to Germany and elect him president, prime minister, fuhrer or whatever and then talk about what a good job he’s doing.[/quote]
The problem is, Doctor Evil, is your American Leader and those that support him feel the need to be guardians of the world whether we like it or or (where was the UN’s nod to invade?)…The fact of the matter is, most of us that get Americanism rammed down our throats 24/7 are getting a bit sick of it. Especially when it’s so inconsistent. It’s not just islamic states that have had enough of the BS.

There are probably more terrorists residing in the the US and the UK who are prepared to take their cause to the ‘free world’ (and who are able to) than exist in Iraq, but the US feels an irresistable urge to be there, ‘saving’ us all somehow.

Iraq is in a worse state with the US invasion than it was before. More deaths, more bloodshed and more uncertainty. Just like Vietnam.

Interesting how a country is so quick to ‘rescue’ a middle eastern nation, yet so slow to respond to problems in their own backyard like New Orleans. Why would that be? Priorities I guess.

[quote=“Truant”]
The fact of the matter is, most of us that get Americanism rammed down our throats 24/7 are getting a bit sick of it.[/quote]

Most Americans are fed up having to intervene in 3 European wars in the 20th century as well as having to clean up things after 500 years of European colonialism and then have to listen to constant European anti-Americanism…not to mention defending pissant countries in the South Pacific that aren’t even willing to defend themselves anymore. It get’s fucking old. Personally, I wish the US would close it’s borders for 10 years and let you guys take care of thew world yourselves. Of course we’ve already seen how well that worked in Bosnia? Right?

[quote=“Truant”]
There are probably more terrorists residing in the the US and the UK who are prepared to take their cause to the ‘free world’ (and who are able to) than exist in Iraq, but the US feels an irresistable urge to be there, ‘saving’ us all somehow.[/quote]

Afghanistan, Pakistan, Palestine, and Iraq were all British colonies, right? I guess that might be one reason so many live in the UK. Great job there. Really outstanding.

[quote=“Doctor Evil”][quote=“Truant”]
There are probably more terrorists residing in the the US and the UK who are prepared to take their cause to the ‘free world’ (and who are able to) than exist in Iraq, but the US feels an irresistable urge to be there, ‘saving’ us all somehow.[/quote]

Afghanistan, Pakistan, Palestine, and Iraq were all British colonies, right? I guess that might be one reason so many live in the UK. Great job there. Really outstanding.[/quote]
Probably something to do with those countries being shitholes more than anything, if you think about it.

[quote=“Truant”][quote=“Doctor Evil”][quote=“Truant”]

Afghanistan, Pakistan, Palestine, and Iraq were all British colonies, right? I guess that might be one reason so many live in the UK. Great job there. Really outstanding.[/quote]
Probably something to do with those countries being shitholes more than anything, if you think about it.[/quote]

Wasn’t the U.S.A. also a british colony…

[quote=“Truant”]The problem is, Doctor Evil, is your American Leader and those that support him feel the need to be guardians of the world whether we like it or or (where was the UN’s nod to invade?)[/quote] We were attacked and we responded. The reasons for the intervention in Iraqw has been posted numerous times here. And the UN’s position and the USs’ seeking of UN help with the matter has also been discussed ad naseum.[quote=“Truant”]"…The fact of the matter is, most of us that get Americanism rammed down our throats 24/7 are getting a bit sick of it.[/quote]Who is doing this? Tell us…who? Sounds like another convienient complaint with no substance.[quote=“Truant”] Especially when it’s so inconsistent.[/quote]And yet you and those like you chose to insisit that US Policy be inconsistent - i.e., cut & run. How strange?[quote=“Truant”]It’s not just islamic states that have had enough of the BS.[/quote] Should the Coalition countries have invaded somewhere else? How would that accomplish the stated mission? Give us a clue …please…tell us.

[quote=“Truant”]There are probably more terrorists residing in the the US and the UK who are prepared to take their cause to the ‘free world’ (and who are able to) than exist in Iraq,[/quote]What is your basis for this assumption? And if it is true, shouldn’t action be taken against them to halt these intents? If so, then this would justify actions against them in other areans also. Thanks for the A-OK.[quote=“Truant”]"… but the US feels an irresistable urge to be there, ‘saving’ us all somehow.[/quote]No problem, its what we do. Clean up messes left by those who chose not to take actions to save their keisters. And guess what? We don’t expect a Thank-you card.

[quote=“Truant”]Iraq is in a worse state with the US invasion than it was before. More deaths, more bloodshed and more uncertainty.[/quote]Says you.[quote=“Truant”] Just like Vietnam.[/quote]Any idea of the number of deaths that occured [b]after 29 May 1975? No? Do you even know what that date signifies?

[quote=“Truant”]Interesting how a country is so quick to ‘rescue’ a middle eastern nation, yet so slow to respond to problems in their own backyard like New Orleans. Why would that be? Priorities I guess.[/quote]You really have no idea of what you are talking about. This post alone qualifies you for a “re-education camp”…uh, its a Viet Nam reference in case you were wondering.
But we don’t do those.

Time is pressing, so just this one for now.

Osama Bin Laden attacks the US using Saudis, and according to the US, he was/is in hiding in Afgahnistan.
So, the US invades Iraq.

How does this attack and respond thing work again?

You’re comparing a natural disaster that hit an area bigger than a lot of posters countries represented on this board to a war in the Middle East :noway:

To say Americans doesn’t care about its own people or its own people are under a cover up that killed thousands on September 11th is pretty disgusting.