What is a tin?

Really. Who cares? Is your recipe ever going to be ‘ruined’ by the insertion of an extra 20ml of coconut milk?

It’s chicken tikka masala. You can’t GET any more British than that!

Only if you are a wimmin. And you need the special ingredient also (Eight pints of Stella) (No, not in a can).

To clarify, don’t put the Stella in the curry. It’s not actually an ingredient. Maybe ‘garnish’ would be a better word? Put some of it in your body, then eat the curry, then put the rest of the Stella in your body.

And it’s OK if the Stella comes in cans. In Australia, cans may be called tinnies. This is confusing if you are literate and sophisticated but seems to make sense to the colonials. You can get it in bottles or glasses too. A glass is about two cans. Three bottles are about two cans. Eight pints is about a stomach-full, and may not leave room for a really good curry.

Loretta surely beer algebra is a separate thread? You are obviously quite good at it though, do you give lessons?

I never know how much I’ve had when I get home and the Mrs asks “how much have you drunk?” I usually just guess and then halve it and then she doesn’t believe me anyway but thats OK 'cos I usually tell her how much I love her 6 times around that part.

Don’t make me haul out my old Stella joke…

Hmm?

I hope you’re better at telling jokes than maoman is at telling stories.

Hint. If you don’t remember the ending, just forget it.

You know a joke? Why have you never told it to me? Think of all the times I’ve met you, and you’ve never ever been even a little bit amusing. Now you’re claiming you know a joke. Sounds a bit implausible.

Isn’t this where someone says something about canned laughter?