What is KMT ideology?

I made a similar thread before but all I got was ‘mainland Dick worshipers’ I’m looking online for a whole hour and find hardly nothing. How the Fuk is it suppose to be this hard to figure out basics? I still couldn’t find views on welfare, taxes, government control ect. All I get is KMT history. DPP was very simple to find seems like modern day democrats.

Can anyone give me a serious breifing on these brahs?

[quote=“akikaki1”]I made a similar thread before but all I got was ‘mainland Dick worshipers’ I’m looking online for a whole hour and find hardly nothing. How the Fuk is it suppose to be this hard to figure out basics? I still couldn’t find views on welfare, taxes, government control ect. All I get is KMT history. DPP was very simple to find seems like modern day democrats.

Can anyone give me a serious breifing on these brahs?[/quote]

That’s because the KMT doesn’t really have any ideology.

It’s a conglomeration of people who want power so that they can advance their private business interests or just have power.

They pay lip service to Chinese nationalism, but actually only a minority of the party really supports unification.

When the KMT can’t agree on how to divvy up the loot or power, they split. See PFP.

They both lack ideology if you ask me. DPP is democratic in name only. They may preach about democracy, but they don’t know how to walk the walk. Once DPP recovers power, they will operate pretty much the same as the rest of the bunch.

Taiwan needs a third party other than KMT, DPP, PFP.

I’m not sure if a 3rd party does much good in this political system. The New Party became corrupted very quickly back in the 90’s, and the Taiwan Solidarity Union is basically just Lee Tung-Hui’s buddies from the KMT. The Home Party that did all that red shirt business in 2006 were not angels themselves. Their spiritual leader Shih Ming-Teh supposedly was bought off by the CSB government after he collected quite a bit of dough from mostly pan blue supporters to take down CSB. Of course Shih did not want the DPP party out. He just wanted Chen out to save the DPP from embarrassing itself in the '08 election.

There’s just no room for a 3rd party because all other parties are just splinter parties from the 2 main parties and they end up becoming small parties.

[quote=“reztrop”]They both lack ideology if you ask me. DPP is democratic in name only. They may preach about democracy, but they don’t know how to walk the walk. Once DPP recovers power, they will operate pretty much the same as the rest of the bunch.

Taiwan needs a third party other than KMT, DPP, PFP.[/quote]

The KMT does it a little something like this

They have no policy platform. Ma or whomever the reigning chairman is makes up or leaves out whatever is most convenient or inconvenient for him at the time, like the imaginary “92 consensus”, etc.