What is "SnowBoarding?

Whereas skiers, are models of heterosexual virility. I’m picturing Roger Moore, for some reason.

Very Euro - splitting hairs about which way to slide down mountains on sticks is less stupid. :roflmao:[/quote]

You obviously haven’t tried it, if not you would not be so condescending. :raspberry:

Whereas skiers, are models of heterosexual virility. I’m picturing Roger Moore, for some reason.

Very Euro - splitting hairs about which way to slide down mountains on sticks is less stupid. :roflmao:[/quote]

You obviously haven’t tried it, if not you would not be so condescending. :raspberry:[/quote]

Brits, they are just upset that they don’t win anything in these “sliding down the mountain competitions”, while they still storm our mountains and crowd our slopes every year. :raspberry:

Regarding the topic, snowboarding is for those poor individuals who can’t afford a second ski and a pair of sticks… :smiley:

You obviously haven’t tried it, if not you would not be so condescending. :raspberry:[/quote]

Brits, they are just upset that they don’t win anything in these “sliding down the mountain competitions”, while they still storm our mountains and crowd our slopes every year. :raspberry:

Regarding the topic, snowboarding is for those poor individuals who can’t afford a second ski and a pair of sticks… :smiley:[/quote]

And from the way most of them get down the mountain, they could not afford a ski teacher either. Slide a bit, sit on your bum, then slide a bit, then sit on your bum.

Someone better tell them that you are supposed to ski down, not slide down on your arse.

Snowboarding, no, wasn’t fashionable when I was a kid. Ski-ing - why wouldn’t I have?

Condescending? Huh?

All a bit of a huh? of a post, H.

Who cares, as long as relevant laws are changed so snowboarders can be shot at sight.

Eh? Is this the ‘non-sequitur’ thread?

Skiing is not stupid.

For creating Moguls with icy gaps between them, snowboarders are.

I wish I were young and knew how to snowboard. I’d snowboard all over the damn place, I would.

You can only go down.

[quote=“Mr He”]Skiing is not stupid.

For creating Moguls with icy gaps between them, snowboarders are.[/quote]
But the moguls are the best bits, Mr He! And I well remember moguls – they were there LONG before snowboarders were around.
The problem with snowboarding is that its just so damn inelegant. Skiers at rest look debonair, dare I say it, even somewhat dashing, leaning casually on their skisticks. Compared with those poor snowboarders who just sit there like sacks of potatoes getting cold bottoms. :laughing:

Always nice with volunteers for the crosshairs.

[quote=“sandman”][quote=“Mr He”]Skiing is not stupid.

For creating Moguls with icy gaps between them, snowboarders are.[/quote]
But the moguls are the best bits, Mr He! And I well remember moguls – they were there LONG before snowboarders were around.
The problem with snowboarding is that its just so damn inelegant. Skiers at rest look debonair, dare I say it, even somewhat dashing, leaning casually on their skisticks. Compared with those poor snowboarders who just sit there like sacks of potatoes getting cold bottoms. :laughing:[/quote]

Well yes, Moguls can be fun, if not every inch of snowboardable slope is covered with them.

Them snowboarders just sit there, often in the middle of the piste, very inelegant indeed.

You should pity them, really. Can’t be easy being a complete pillock in front of everybody. And of course, its still fun to look down on them or do a turn and skite snow all over them with a sneer as they sit there forlornly in the snow.

Agree, however if my girls ever and repeat ever take up snowboarding, odds are that there will be no more ski holidays with dad.

Do what I do, and just pretend they’re a soft mogul. Not much grip for the skis, unless you have really sharp edges, and you have to get the entry and exit just right or you fall over and look like a right fool.

[quote=“Buttercup”]You can only go down.[/quote] Then I’d snowboard all down the damn place.

As long as you do it penguin style down a double diamond, I am happy.

If they had called it snowsurfing, it would be cool.

Yet fairly misleading.

Yeah. Like hang gliding.