What is Taiwan?

Taiwanese? Interested in sharing your thoughts? I am doing research on questions of Taiwanese identity and would very much like to talk with you.

Interested? Then email me at acrylamide237@yahoo.fr

[quote=“covell”]Taiwanese? Interested in sharing your thoughts? I am doing research on questions of Taiwanese identity and would very much like to talk with you.

Interested? Then email me at acrylamide237@yahoo.fr[/quote]

What indeed is Taiwanese?
Taiwan would have submerged long ago, were it not for the Nippon-American influence.

[quote=“covell”]Taiwanese? Interested in sharing your thoughts? I am doing research on questions of Taiwanese identity and would very much like to talk with you.

Interested? Then email me at acrylamide237@yahoo.fr[/quote]

I’m not sure I’m the sort of Taiwanese you are looking for.

Why don’t you just post your list of questions here and we can answer them.

This thread is going to degenerate into a flamewar about who is average Taiwanese.

A water-bubble, a magician’s illusion, a dream

A flash of lightning in the dark of night…

[quote=“Screaming Jesus”]A water-bubble, a magician’s illusion, a dream

A flash of lightning in the dark of night…[/quote]
I don’t know whether to try post something poetic or howl the way dogs do when their owners sing.

Taiwan is a place and culture that doesn’t stand for anything specifically, but if it had one of those Tourism slogans like “Incredible India” or “The soul of Asia”, then Taiwan’s would be “Taiwan. Tsa-Bu-Duo!”

You must have missed “Taiwan - Touch your heart”, “Naruwan - Welcome to Taiwan”, “Taiwan - Beyond your expectations” and “Ilha Formosa - So vibrant, so beautiful, so Asian”. (They couldn’t say “so Chinese”, now, could they?)

Now go and visit the film of propagating (sic) :laughing:

[quote=“Juba”]… (They couldn’t say “so Chinese”, now, could they?)

Now go and visit the film of propagating (sic) :laughing:[/quote]

hehehe. :laughing:

Reminds me of the slogan on the side of my former residence (new development) which bragged “Sky City. The pride of Tatwan.”
Well, it was tsa bu duo after all, so none of the locals or residents ever complained.

Another poster campaign which I loved, going around in Chunho at least was:

Sorry. Off topic now.

“Clean dog shits while walking dogs!” :laughing:

Classic!

What the crap does ‘touch your heart’ mean, anyway?

Ah yes, the web page title indicates this is a “Viedo on Taiwan”.