What is the cheapest way to leave Taiwan?

I read that the ferry is hopefully cheap. I am presently in Taipei. I read that I could take a ferry from Keelung to Mazu and then another ferry to Fuzhou or, alternatively, I could take a ferry from Keelung to Kinmen and then another ferry to Xiamen.

However, I don’t have an ARC card here in Taiwan. I just have the 90 day stamp when I arrived in Taipei on the 23rd of March. Will this present a problem? As I understand it, when I arrive at Xiamen or Fuzhou, I can purchase a China travel visa there.

Any information appreciated.

Paul, are you planning on coming BACK to Taiwan? And you just wanted to go somewhere so you can come back on another 90 day visa? Then there are all sorts of places you could go relatively cheaply.

Theres HongkOng, Macau, Okinawa, Seoul among the cheaper. Then further aways for more, like BAngkok, Spore, KualaLumpur, Hanoi, Saigon,.

I heard Cebu Pacific has really cheap fares to and from Manila.

And they dont really check to see if you have an onwards ticket when you get back to TPE.

If they do check and demand you have one, go to the China Airlines ticket counter and buy a full fare to Okinawa or Hongkong and refund that later.

[quote=“tommy525”]Paul, are you planning on coming BACK to Taiwan?[/quote]Hi Tommy,

I have no plans to return to Taiwan.

Ok good luck on your journey. Going by way of KL/singapore sounds fun.

[quote=“tommy525”]Ok good luck on your journey. Going by way of KL/singapore sounds fun.[/quote]Yeah, I knew a guy who did this. I’ll ring the airasia office here in Taiwan at 8 o’clock this morning when it opens regarding the flight I mentioned on the other thread. The on-way flight leaves tonight, just before midnight I recall. It costs around 5,700 TWD. Pretty okay, I suppose, considering the other horrific prices I have encountered in the course of my internet searching this morning.