What is the difference between Carrefour's "superior" salt and "high quality" salt?

me or @tango42 or general you?

[quote=“tando, post:21, topic:211279, full:true”]

Hmm… Is this the quote in question?

My apologies. I thought you were quoting a documentary that you actually saw. I went back again and noticed that you were just clipping something from another thread.
So, I drop the pronoun you and change the subject to the guy who you quoted or the guy whose post you, meaning Tando shared. Sorry

Seems this is the source article…

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-019-46417-z

2 Likes

Interesting article. It’s surprising to learn that even some salt came from places where it should not be contaminated it still had microplastics in it.
The article suggested the plastics originated in the packaging and processing.
I have nothing against plastic straws if properly disposed or plastic wrap but I try to avoid plastic containers and plastic bags for my food if possible. Especially hot food.

I’d like to return to recyclable jars and bottles. Not recyclable, returnable with a deposit. Maybe we can go back to tins and paper linings.

I believe the issue with glass is, being heavier, it takes more fuel to ship, so more emissions.

Emissions mean nothing if you can eliminate the poison going into your body.

Localize packaging so the glass doesn’t have to travel so far. I think, jars could be reusable. I remember getting sodas from local stations or store back in the 70s.
On special occasions, the family would get a case. We’d return the bottles for the deposit. Those bottles were cleaned sterilized and reused again for a while.
Actually there’s places in Taiwan which localized packaging as it is.
In my village there is a bakery store which sells flour and other staples.
These are not the consumer bakery stores but small ones where you can buy flour at $12 a jin, eggs, yeast and other stuff at low cost. Most of our local food service places buy from there but it’s open to the public.