What is the most relaxed Alternative Service environment?

Hello,

I’m considering going through with my military service in Taiwan, however I run a business that I need to spend at least 3 hours on every day.

What Alternative Services can I choose that will give me the most freedom and independence with my time?

Would teaching English in a small, rural town be feasible?

Thanks

I would guess working at a national park or scenic area tourism desk as the token english speaker.

Is it possible to select a this job? Or is it all randomly assigned?

Is it possible to select a this job? Or is it all randomly assigned?[/quote]

You can request such as posting (so I have heard from guys at such posts) but it’s not guaranteed. However with your level of English you should have a good chance.

Is it possible to select a this job? Or is it all randomly assigned?[/quote]

You can request such as posting (so I have heard from guys at such posts) but it’s not guaranteed. However with your level of English you should have a good chance.[/quote]

Do you know if it’ll be possible to work on my business on the job? The only problem I can see happening is them assigning me grunt work (which seems like the culture here in Taiwan for entry level workers). With grunt work, I’ll never be able to have the free time to work on my own business.

No idea. Sorry. Why not just go out and ask? I’m pretty sure even Yangmingshan has a guy or two doing alternate service.