What is True Happiness to you?

What is True Happiness to you?

Do you find True Happiness to sex, women, men, food, entertainment, cars, houses, money, etc?

Why do we men and women keep slaving our lives away for money and cars and houses in the hopes of finding the perfect mate to raise the perfect family only to lose it all by ageing and dying?

How many of us are truly happy with our mates and families in the first place?

Tell you what, I’d be happy if this coronavirus thing ended tomorrow. Then I wouldn’t complain about much for a while.

12 Likes

2x

3 Likes

Day 10 does this to people.

Expecting serious answer , I don’t know the answer, I think the search for happiness may be elusive.

4 Likes

Being alive and healthy works for me.

10 Likes

This + family and close friends, and their wellbeing.

3 Likes

Speak for yourself. But I plan on living forever. :wink:

2 Likes

When people don’t focus on negative shit.

2 Likes

Quiet time with good :coffee:, :cake:, and :blue_book:.

10 Likes

Family, friends, and few worries.

4 Likes

Home made Trifle pudding.

8 Likes

Having the girl you just had a pleasant sex session with lie by your side, doze off, wake up to kiss you in the neck then doze off again.

Or emerging from the woods into the summer sunlight, being hit by a soft breeze and discovering the wide landscape you need to go through to finish your hike.

In French we say “they won’t let you take it to heaven.” Happiness is not about keeping stuff, it’s about the positive experiences you can go through while you’re alive.

3 Likes

When people think sellfishly true happiness is likely hard to grasp.

When people think about others quote un quote success and feel happy they only need turn off the tv/phone andnlookmat their community and how itnis prosepring to be happy.

Then china invades your territory and reducates you in jail and marries off.your wife to a life long experience of forced rape.

There is no answer. Happiness is a frame of mind. Adjust your surroundings to align with that frame. Having more life experience and tougher skin helps a lot to avoid depression.

Other times, life just sucks. Try to avoid that. Sex and money aint everything. Great bonuses, but not the root of happiness.

Perhaps people still confuse happiness with fulfilment?

true happiness to me is living the life you want to lead, doing what you want to do for a job surrounded by family and good friends with a beach nearby

1 Like

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today. — Thomas Jefferson

Yeah, yeah, but what is true happiness?
@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Don’t wait. The time will never be just right. — Napoleon Hill

A bowl of beef noodle soup or a bowl of ramen right now.

I’m tired of eating Italian noodles aka pasta.

2 Likes

Okay, fine – be in a George Harrison mood. Find happiness in the present! :rainbow:

Not happy about that answer, but DB is the God-Emperor, so that’s that. :idunno: