What is/was your favorite drink?

What iv always enjoyed (among other drinks) was the pure cane juice that came from sugar cane pressed right in front of you.
A zillion calories im sure, but yummy.

The best think I ever drank was a bottle of Kanonkop 1976 Cabernet Sauvignon.

When I visit South Africa, I drink pretty much only Savanna Dry cider.

Feeling rich at a pub, I’ll periodically indulge in a Harvey Wallbanger. :lick:

A good smack for a buck and quite tasty: Long Island Iced Tea.

On a particularly hot day or when I go to a gay bar, I drink gin and tonic.

Apart from that, I like Scotch. Virtually any Scotch.

Well I do like some of the fresh drinks in Taiwan, especially Oolong Milk Tea or Latte or ginger milk tea, freshly made from Tenren tea. Oolong tea from Taiwan was a sensation in Britain in the 19th century. If you want to understand the concept of ‘Xiang’, great smell in Chinese, smell the aroma of freshly made oolong.

Well up till about a month or so ago I would’ve said a malt (Scottish) whiskey, with a couple of ice cubes, left to melt a bit, but at the moment I can’t even THINK about the stuff.

So thinking back to my time in the Basque Country, I’ve got to say the rum and cokes they serve there are just fantastic. Goes something like this:

Pretty much a pint class, filled with ice cubes, then filled up to HALF WAY with rum, and topped up with coke. Maybe a wee twist of something to give it some sourness and off you go. Hmmmmmmm…

4 letters: FUJP

In SE Asia: a pitcher of Kumquat Mojito, from Spice Market the Chelsea district of NYC:

kumquats, halved
shitload of mint leaves
muddle with a bit of soda
kalamansi concentrate
ice cubes
white rum
shake
top with soda

[quote=“Tempo Gain”]"Rhum Barbancourt of Haiti is known the world over as “the rum of connoisseurs”. Made from the juice of sugar cane, the production of Rhum Barbancourt follows a centuries-old tradition that grew from the French methods of creating cognac and brandy.

Unparalleled in quality and taste, Rhum Barbancourt is distilled from hand-cut, locally grown sugar cane juice - never molasses; It is double distilled in pot stills; Aged in white oak barrels to yield a spirit that has been called “one of the finest rums in the world.”

Barbancourt uses a sugar cane growing in the fields of the Plaine du Cul-de-Sac. It is common belief that this cane is evocative of its genuine soil, the terroir. A unique wild yeast, originating from this area, probably exists, which proliferates on the cane stalks, thus producing these peculiar esters, taste and aroma of Barbancourt brands, during the fermentation process. ".

[/quote]
Currently drainin’ a flask filled with the 8yr and 2 drops of tap water. Not bad at all. And I say that even though I’ve never thought much of rum. It just never seemed like a good idea to use sugar as a base, feck. Malted barley or corn is the way to go, imo. Both are filled with sugars, although those of malted barley are more complex sugars by ratio than those of corn. Which was about as close to cane sugar as I thought wise. But this is a fine drop you ask me.

I will keep my eye peeled for the 15yr estate reserve. Good call TG. :thumbsup:

EDIT: This just in - a massive hangover for the home team. Good god. One finger in a highball glass (a test), an 8 oz. flask over three hours or so, and two glasses of white wine with dinner…and I just hope I can make it in to work tomorrow. :slight_smile: I KNEW there was another reason using sugar as a base was a bad idea. (still, Barbancourt rum is easily the best rum this non-drinker of rum has ever tasted)