What is "WaterBoarding?

KSM beheaded Pearl?
:neutral:
I don’t buy it!

[quote=“TheGingerMan”]KSM beheaded Pearl?
I don’t buy it![/quote]
He confessed it!

[quote=“Dr. McCoy”][quote=“TheGingerMan”]KSM beheaded Pearl?
I don’t buy it![/quote]
He confessed it![/quote]

Wait, is that sarcasm or are you serious?

Is the answer: An anagram of GIANT WARDROBE? or DO WAR BERATING?

[quote=“TwoTongues”][quote=“Dr. McCoy”][quote=“TheGingerMan”]KSM beheaded Pearl?
I don’t buy it![/quote]
He confessed it![/quote]

Wait, is that sarcasm or are you serious?[/quote]
I’d have to be a seriously wanking crank not to have been being sarcastic.

heheh understood, and nice :wink:

KSM: “I Beheaded Reporter Daniel Pearl”

[quote]“For those who would like to confirm, there are pictures of me on the Internet holding his head,” KSM said in his statement.

US officials had told ABC News that identifying marks on the hand of the masked man holding Pearl’s head matched those of KSM. [/quote]

There are numerous other confirmations of KSM being the murderer of Daniel Pearl available.
I’m a just a bit surprised that some would use this murder in such a light-hearted manner. Speaks volumes of the politicization of their supposed compassion.

Daniel Pearl’s dad is sickened by Obama’s 9/11 trial decision

Older article. It appears that this ‘decision’ has been changed.

Who is using the murder in a light-hearted manner? Obama? That article (from the NY Post, but nevermind) casts Obama in a negative light for a pretty ridiculous reason I would say, but then the Post is not known as the forefront of objective journalism. But I don’t see how Obama is being light-hearted by trying the guy in court.

Without anyone showing anything graphic here, can someone confirm that the pictures are a definitive match?

Again, unless I hear him actually confess it and unless I see some evidence, it’s just as likely to me that the story isn’t correct. And frankly, for all that the Right like to bash government as inefficient, self-serving, and liars, I’m surprised more don’t see how obviously this could have been made up of whole cloth or exaggerated. Keep in mind that article came out during the Bush administration…

All three waterboarding media stunts lack the same elements of reality. Why would hooded sadists operating in secret under 9/11 authorization gingerly or respectfully treat suspects?[quote]The Guy was NOT beaten, humiliated, pissed on, dragged by his hair, deprived of sleep, forced to listen to ear-deafening music, sexually violated, electrically shocked or led to believe his wife or daughter or son would be raped and tortured the same until the hooded interrogators finally heard the truth they were after. Plus, it was a one time stunt with a safety measure, making it far from reality.[/quote]
Strange thing about those secret torture confessions… snippets of what they “reportedly admitted” amazingly found their way into numerous ‘news’ stories. But when the 9/11 Commissioners asked to verify the CIA-fed confessions, to see the prisoners, view the interrogation recordings, they were absolutely denied. Shouldn’t recordings be overwhelmingly convincing? But some of the key interrogation videos have reportedly been destroyed, almost expectantly. Amazing how presumptuous trust somehow replaces evidence.

When the 9/11 Commissioners then asked to talk to the interrogators themselves, they again were absolutely denied. But as the commissioners admit in the report itself, the confessions were used anyway. Since chapters 5 and 7 (who/how/when attacked on 9/11) of the official 9/11 report rest heavily on “secret interrogations of …” its 100% understandable why the secret interrogation confessions were used. Has anyone here besides myself actually read how these 3rd person (CIA/blackwater) secret interrogation confessions equate to FACT in the official 9/11 story?

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]Interesting to see the testimony that will be presented.[/quote]Oh how true, and the case for the defense will be just as complicated. The American public have already been forced to sacrifice so much in support of the punishments (invasions), we’ll hopefully see how torture confessions will be legally leveraged.

But, I have to say, its quite refreshing to see others commenting on the issue, even here, inferring that the “official” story should be questioned, maybe hinting that fact-checking might be worthwhile.

Sorry, but how many secret CIA interrogations have been declassified? Although TainanCowboy already distanced himself from the senior Republican brand of enhanced interrogations, he needs not pretend that the general public ‘factually’ knows these 3 are the ONLY torture victims.

To say American forces only used this one torture tool on “3 senior level members” is to somehow pretend that medical doctors didn’t really find that . But if honesty shines through, we’ll agree only 3 are OFFICIALLY ADMITTED by the previous administration heros as being subjected to (tortured by) one of the harsher forms of secret interrogation?

Who and how were CIA/blackwater prisoners tortured in Uzbekistan, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, and other black sites in Afghanistan and Iraq - we still have only minimal details.

About Daniel Pearl, so what are these ‘identifying marks’?
Black hair in the foreman? A freckle? A damaged cuticle?
Or something more heavy like a scar or a tattoo?

There are numerous other confirmations of KSM being the murderer of Daniel Pearl available.[/quote]
While pretending he or someone else will ever offer factual confirmation verifying KSM’s torture confessions cited by the anonymous source of abcnews’ blogger, we might as well blame KSM for holding the weapon that shot A-bian and Lu. Well maybe not, Taiwan didn’t overthrow Pipelinestan.

This one is much more intense and disturbing…

No dropping object or easy ending here. This guy is handcuffed, and getting the full treatment.

current.com/items/76347282_getti … oarded.htm

That looks fawking scary.

MJB - thanks for sharing.

[quote]This guy is handcuffed, and getting the full treatment. [/quote] Sorry, but far from ‘full treatment’.

This stunt, like the others, was designed for delicate public consumption, explaining the absence of repeated slapping, stress positioning (apart from wedged jaws), threatening dogs, ear-deafening music, and worse.

If the CIA didn’t actually destroy video recordings of the original “useful intel” interrogations, could the public handle them? Supposedly there are hundreds of extremely disturbing WoT prisoner-torture/rape/sodomy photos that would turn our townhalls inside-out - how much difficult would video be to stomach? Like Faces of Death: the Stars & Stripes version.

And I’ll add… thanks to somewhat successful public programming justifying the use of drowning torture (waterboarding), there will probably always be the hollow jokers who find entertainment casting such treatment as acceptable, beneficial or even funny. Maybe it will take photoshopping their own loved ones’ faces over screaming-begging-wailing victims before they denounce such policies as criminal and reprehensible.

Isn’t there a forumosa thread started by an admin hypothetically joking that waterboarding could in some pathetically slapstick way be as fun as snowboarding? It reminds me of another pitiable excuse for masochistic humor…

Oh I don’t know, Westerners often use humor, dark humor, “inappropriate” humor, to cover the fear and revulsion they’re feeling at something. There’s probably some psychological term for it, kind of understandable, “laugh in the face of danger” and so on.

Yeah. You’re right.
Insensitivity can be funny, depending on the goggles, and whose wearing them.
We all know people who either deliberately or accidentally insult someone’s situation/family/experience… and when their joke makes a 360 back on them, its a whole new relationship. Joking about violence… hilarious, I guess to some.

It’s one thing to be an insensitive asshole, and another to be an intentionally insensitive asshole. The former is often temporary, the latter seems like permanent misanthropic behavior.

Also, this is an open forum, the rules of decorum and sensitivity I would think are a little different here. Lot’s of people drop the F-bomb or T-wat and so on that some would find offensive an insensitive here (“cock, balls”), but it’s an open forum, man, risquee jokes are permitted.

[quote]risquee jokes are permitted[/quote]Yes, indecency and inappropriateness varies on many levels, so thick skin wears better than flakiness. Don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t surprised, or devastated. lol. I simply saw a parallel and voiced it (thanks).

Personally, I prefer the openness of topics and viewpoints among most ex-pats living on tie-one-on… rather than many concrete social circles back home where some issues are far too taboo or contentious. The drowning torture debate somehow continues to teeter between morality and some façade of eminent threat, which is perplexing.

This just out…

US hid waterboarding of 9/11 accused, says former MI5 chief
[quote]10 Mar 2010

Lady Manningham-Buller said the US that had been “very keen to conceal from us what was happening”.

She added: “The Americans were very keen that people like us did not discover what they were doing.”

…she had wondered, in 2002 and 2003, how the US had been able to supply the UK with intelligence from Mohammed.

“I said to my staff, ‘Why is he talking?’ because our experience of Irish prisoners, Irish terrorists, was that they never said anything,” she said.

"They said, well, the Americans say he is very proud of his achievements when questioned about it.

“It wasn’t actually until after I retired that I read that, in fact, he had been waterboarded 160 times.”

CIA officers have claimed that Khalid Sheikh Mohammed was not co-operating until he was waterboarded at a secret facility in Poland near Szymany Airport, about 100 miles north of Warsaw.[/quote]
And oh! How he cooperated! Confessing 9/11 guilt from “A to Z”.
Somewhere between A and Z would be explaining Buzzy Krongard’s ex-Deutschebank’s involvement in the trading spike of put options on only American Air, United Air and Morgan Stanley Dean Witter?
No way! This one more confession was for some reason deemed unnecessary.
He apparently would have though, if we could have just gotten to sponsor his 184th drowning party.

The 9/11 Commission report claims the federal investigations into those suspicious trading concluded that it was all “innocuous” (syn: insignificant). Many of the trades on the airline companies, for instance, were traced to a “single U.S.-based institutional investor with no conceivable ties to al Qaeda” the official report concludes.

So, since drowning torture helped KSM to sign on to a checklist of crimes, the public gets the continued and unsettled joy of trusting the official story resting on predefined torture confessions.

Thread asks what is “Drowning Torture”?
One answer: A whole pile of pandora.

I’m not suggestion it should be allowable, I honestly don’t know the true details about how it works and how effective it is percentage-wise, but what ever happened to Sodium Pentothal? I’m guessing if it was being used 20-30 years ago, they must have a drug about 1000 times as effective these days… LSD or some hallucinogenic drug to put them into a state where they’ll talk about the time they fingered the donkey in the bung?

Are there no highly-reliable drugs these days that would be, well, less-torturous or not painful at all, with little or no side effects or long-term effects?

There’s no drug on Earth that would ever make me talk about that.