What is white guilt?

Is it due to slavery? And oppression of POC? Historically, this seems to not make sense.

Almost every one of us has ancestors regardless of color that enslaved each other or were slaves at some point in history. Whites included.

Arabs were trading Africans for over a thousand years. They were probably the most prolific black slave traders amongst other people they conquer. Even in islam, Mohammad trades 2 black slaves for 1 Arab saying a African is worth half.

Latinos are part Europeans mixed with native as well, so they are innocent? Never heard of the Aztecs and Myans?

Africans enslaved Africans and sold off Africans to Arabs, whites alike.

There were slave trades all over Asia.

White slaves were all over Europe, all the way to Asia and Middle East by Arabs.

It seems to me…it kind of seem like majority white nations were the first to have wide spread social and legal efforts to end slavery.

Why is white people bearing the whole of this guilt from all of this?

1 Like

I’m mostly white, and I don’t feel any guilt.

It’s not white privilege, it’s just privilege. And it’s not white guilt, it’s privilege guilt.

First they feel sorry for the Others, despite knowing next to nothing about them:

http://theboomerbible.com/tbb207.html

And then they get all neurotic about it.

This has got me thinking about Catholicism. Before the pedo scandals, the main reason people left the Church was they got fed up with all the induced guilt. This white guilt thing is an awful lot like that. First you go nuts, then you realize you’ve gone nuts, and then you realize it was the phony guilt that drove you nuts, and then you up and leave.

Maybe they need exit counseling.