What is working in a buxiban or local school really like?

Since pretty much everything was covered and there’s a wealth of topics on this subject I’ll just relate some personal experiences teaching at cram schools in Taipei.

When you find this magical job, please let me know. Working in Taiwan has been the least stressful experience I’ve ever had, and still finish the day tired and stressed out. As an older relative once said, “Everyone complains about their work.”

bear in mind every business is different and this is just my experience at 2 different places. Like trying to compare KFC to Arby’s (both are fast food chains, similar to how every cram school business varies), there’s no way to generalize these questions.
Conditions - Chinese teachers talk behind my back in Chinese at one of the businesses, but not the other. AC throughout, decent hours, can’t complain
Pay - 600-650hr. With a yearly increase.
Holiday Pay - HAH! My wife makes holiday pay, I don’t. The reason is that she works full time with less pay, “foreign” teachers are often viewed as a sort of specialized employee. It’s more costly to hire us, so it’s hard to find a full time position at a cram school. Since I’m working part time, I don’t get a penny of holiday pay.
Sick pay - I’ll get paid a phone call asking why I’m not working. Even when I was really sick, they just gave me a mask. No sick leave.
Hours - Cram schools begin after public school lets out, and doesn’t dwell too far into the night. Earliest I’ve started was 2pm, latest was 6:30pm. You’ll only get paid for teaching hours, nothing else even if you’re asked to do extra work.

Same shit, different beast. I’ve seen some people that work at public and cram schools simultaneously. It’s really not that different, aside from teaching material and guidelines.

Editing this post with details about my stance in holiday pay. If I were to create multiple posts about this subject they would all be moved to the temporary forum, so here’s a simple edit to avoid getting anal penetration from the mod team posts removed.

Here’s a quote from a good topic on the subject. I am working part time for 2 schools, which means not 14 hours weekly at either. And my contacts are “non-renewable.” So, no holiday pay. Exactly what I said earlier.