What is your favorite district in Taipei/New Taipei City and why?

With a scalpel?

2 Likes

Bisected it :grin:

Apart from XinYi area, there is not much going on here. Unless you want to know how it feels to travel back in time.

It’s not bad to travel back in time sometimes :grin:.

I don’t know the deal with tienmu. I mean not only there’s no MRT but very few buses go there. The foreigners think bus riders are too poor or something?

XinYi area? the ghost town?

1 Like

I know that place like you would not believe. It’s still like 80s Taiwan , but not 80s Wan Hua which was even “crazier”. The cops would patrol that area with m16s while chewing betel nuts lol
Danshuei is my answer , because it’s clean and the weather is colder in winter

1 Like

I like Beitou. Has hot springs, close to Yangming shan, and pretty clean too.

It smells a bit and there are so many tourists.

I saw lots of foreigners when I was walking through there I got the impression it’s like an expat area. There’s like one whole youbike station there too my dad commented that it seemed like the only place in Taiwan with more cars than scooters

Eh? The vast majority of people living there are Taiwanese. And there’s plenty of buses.

Foreigners like tianmu because of the 3 international schools, the Japanese school, American school and European school are all there, so many families choose to live close to the school.
Neighborhood is not special at all, and now the rich people all live in xinyi

There are a lot of tourists near xinbeitou and going up to the library -and hot springs. If you go anywhere south the atmosphere changes and you hardly see any foreigners. I think beitou is quite charming and I like the market it has. Beitou is one of my favorite districts. I think most people only think hot springs when they hear beitou and bypass anything else.

1 Like

There are a few buses that don’t run too frequently, not like wanhua where a bus comes every 30 seconds.

it is not very logical that there are fewer buses in tienmu because foreigners think buses are for poorer people.

this description could be fit to many other places.

Even if it was logical it would be wrong because tianmu is about 99% Taiwanese people. So-called ‘foreigner district’ :grin:

1 Like

i feel kind of the opposite. there is not much going on in xinyi unless you want to know what it feels like to walk through the commericial district of every other city in asia.

and yes sometimes i do want to do that so i do like xinyi also but i would say its less interesting than the typical taipei street.

There’s not much going on for outsiders in every financial district the world over. Much of what happens is inside those tall buildings…

Where’s that confounded bridge?

1 Like

Tamsui District

https://youtu.be/WL_M3rkqpd4

https://youtu.be/Q135rY2Cd-0