What is your favorite tea and why?

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Black

matcha, jasmine green tea, wu long tea and hong kong milk tea.

Long Island Ice Tea is very pleasant too.

Assam is a touch too colonial for you :smiley:

If buying it to make at hime: organic. Reason: dont like drinking chemicals used to kill insects. Haha. But love the dark teas grown in taiwan. Assam, oolong and chig cha in that order which are all grown here in both organic and not organic farms.

Huge fan of masala tea with assam. Drink it daily. But recipes vary a lot so to each their own!

Any particular recommendations? Tea is a big part of the reason I came to Taiwan but so far I’ve only been able to find good teas in Yuchi, Alishan, or Maokong.

Personally, I love white tea the most, especially aged. Nothing quite like it to help me relax. The best Taiwanese tea I’ve had, though, is a black tea I got from Maokong (張迺妙紅茶) though I also have a great black tea from Alishan.

There used to be a lot of beautiful teashops but gradually most of them closed down so hard to recommend. The interesting thing about Taichung is that even the take away tea stores sell quite high quality fresh tea and a large variety too, they are quite different than Taipei, because they are independent smaller companies , sometimes they only sell in central Taiwan.
It seems that Taichung is the tea manufacturing and trading center of Taiwan to me, probably because of its closer proximity to Nantou and Alishan and Miaoli.

Its no surprise that bubble tea was invented in Taichung. I don’t know any other place anywhere that has such a great tea culture. I’m not a connoisseur of fine teas, it’s more I learned how to differentiate teas by taste simply by drinking them everyday there.