What is your favorite tea stand drink?

Curious to know what you all are drinkin’ and open for suggestions from the huge list of different drinks available at roadside teashops.

I like:

Passion Fruit green tea 百香綠茶 Bai3 Shiang1 Liu4 Cha2

Cranberry Slush 蔓越莓冰沙 Man4 Yue4 Mei2 Bing1 Sha1 (I’ve only ever seen it at the shop under my house)

Lemon Yakult 檸檬多多 Ning2 Mong2 Duo1 Duo1

I apologize if the PinYin isn’t very good. Feel free to correct it if you’d like.

I have to say that tea shops are one of my favorite things about being in Taiwan. Nothing like going on a bike trip, pulling over to the side of the road after driving for an hour or two and enjoying one of the drinks listed above.

Sweet heaven :sunglasses:

Mango BingSha :slight_smile:
Cranberry sounds like it would be good!

BANANA MILK!!!

Yeah, nice thread!

1. Mango slushie only because I’m a sucker for mangos in any form.
  2. Traditional bubble milk tea
  3. Dong gua cha (same stuff you get in the convenience stores)

I don’t like the Quickly’s that much. 50, eCoffee and this shop behind the Taipei Fubon Bank on Minsheng E. Rd across from the Sherwood hotel.

Another vote for passionfruit green tea.

There’s this one place that puts Coke (a cola) in their Zhenzhu Naichas and the shit is BOMB!.

So there is milk AND coke? :loco:

I’d try anything once though

I’d try anything once though[/quote]I knew a guy who said he ended up in hospital after having Baileys and Coke. Apparently milk/cream doesn’t go well with Coke.

I’d try anything once though[/quote]I knew a guy who said he ended up in hospital after having Baileys and Coke. Apparently milk/cream doesn’t go well with Coke.[/quote]

What about an ice cream float then?

Dong gua cha takes some getting used to but is strangely compelling when you do.

Right now I’m mostly buying grapefruit green, pu3 tao3 you4 lu4 cha2 (or that’s how I say it and they seem to understand!), but only from SO (5O?) … seems like they use real juice while most places don’t.

Honey lemon (fong1 mi4 li1 mon3?) is good in small quantities, but burns my throat if I get big ones …

Ooooo…I thought of another one I used to drink often. Right in front of Yong Kang park (Taipei).

Blueberry yogurt drink. 籃莓優格 Lan2 Mei2 Yo1 Ge1.

The syrup they use actually has blueberries in it. When you are finished there are like 10 or so tiny blueberries on the bottom of the cup. Yummy

I like:

Mango Smoothie

Passion Fruit Smoothie

Pearl Milk Tea

Pearl Black Tea (the black tea has to be just right though)

Lime Green Tea

The fabulous teas are definitely one thing I will miss about Taiwan.

milk tea with lots of ginger, with extra ginger, and some ginger. oh, and with a finish of ginger. yeah, ginger. my baby ginger.

oh, and those bubble teas, or tapioca balls are ok, but i feel like the novelty wears off after the first few sips, then i just want tea, and those little balls get a little annoying after the third suck.

unless they were ginger balls. then let’s talk.

Yep Baileys and Cocain… what a mix :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

they took that out in the twenties i believe.

bastards.

I’d try anything once though[/quote]I knew a guy who said he ended up in hospital after having Baileys and Coke. Apparently milk/cream doesn’t go well with Coke.[/quote]

What about an ice cream float then?[/quote]I hadn’t thought of that. Maybe it’s like an urban myth. But usually those concern things that happen to “a friend of a friend”. This supposedly happened to a guy I knew. He said the hospital staff told him that the cola and the cream coagulate into a solid ball in the stomach!

oh, come on,

a solid ball? no way!

i think it was something he ate beforehand. or something he ate afterwards as a result of the ‘drunk munchies’.

stomach acid is too strong to let some pansy drink like baileys and coke take one out.

oh, i had too many special little drinks with cream in them. now i feel woosy.

i’m gonna hurl a solid ball, so look out…and look it’s a the beak of a squid covered in milk fat and coke.

i drink pepsi and milk (half and half, in a pint glass) regularly and i’ve never been ill from it.

i tried the heineken and green tea once, never again

if it’s hot out - grapefuit lemon

if it’s cold out - mini pearl milk tea

pepsi AND milk??!!

you savage.

stay away from my daughters.

no, just kidding, well, stay away from my daughters, but that was the rage in the fifties. pepsi and milk. what a bunch of maniacs. no wonder the 60’s were so wild. everyone was sick of going to the soda fountain for a pepsi and milk. time to let loose. how about some lcd with that?

My favorite is always traditonal bubble milk tea, however one of my other favorites is green tea and beer (pi jiou lu cha). Seriously, they mix tea, Taiwan beer, and some sugar I think. I used to be able to find it a lot in when I lived in the South, I can’t seem to find it anywhere in Taipei. I have found Taiwan beer flavored ice cream though. Don’t try it, it was awful.