What is Your Favorite Vegetable?

Zucchini!

I love it. The smell, the taste!

I love italian food and Zucchini goes well with everything.

Cut a zucchini into halves and put for example tomatoes and italian spices and minced meat on top. Cover with cheese. Bake until cheese seems right.

:notworthy:

Forgive my picky nature, which is perhaps the result of spending so much time teaching English these days or in the past spending too much time proofreading documents for an even pickier boss.

It’s Brussels sprouts, not brussel sprouts. Because they’re named after the city in Belgium, the same way one says Brussels lace. Such a noble vegetable deserves the correct moniker.

Sorry, cannot help myself. Please do not pelt me with tomatoes (or okra, ewww). Thank you.

Sweet potatoe leaves with fried shallots on top and a little sesame oil…yummmm

either that or a cucumber sliced into cucumber salad and straight from the fridge.

I don’t eat fruit and think the moderators should remove any references to tomatoes, melons or other fruits which are clearly off topic!!

Veggies though, mmmmm

Cauliflower
Courgettes (correct name for Zuccini)
Broccoli
Brussel(s) Sprouts
Carrots
Spinach
Corn on the cob with lashings of butter
Jacket potatoes with beans and frankfurters and lashings of butter
Spring greens with oyster sauce
Cabbage and bacon but that makes me fart too

Hmm, actually quite a lot of it makes me fart should I take those ones out?

I guess my favourite is Cauliflower anyway as I thought of that first

[quote=“Mother Theresa”][quote=“Chris”] Tomatoes are the best. Tasty and chock full of antioxidants.

In my opinion, that is![/quote]

Ha ha ha ha, tomatoes aren’t a vegie, they’re a fruit. Neener neener neener.

:dance:[/quote]
Well, technically, so are cucumbers, the veggie…er…fruit… that started this thread. :wink:

Potatoes aren’t vegetables either!

What’re potatoes then? Modified hockey pucks?

Potatoes are tubers. They fit more into the breads and cereals food group than they do in the vegetables group.

I need to know the difference between a tuber and a rhizome.

and what about algae? You know, those green ones in the sea?
Are they in fact veggies or perceived as weed growing in the water?

No Way! Vegetables are modified roots and leaves. Potatoes are just part of the root used for food storage. Breads and cereals are grains. Anything with seeds in it is not really a veggie though.

The potato is a staple. Like rice.

And Guinness.

I hate eating staples. They tear the arse off me when I take a dump.

Nobody’s told me what’s the difference between a tuber and a rhizome. Proves how stupid F.com is. Useless. Waste of time. :raspberry:

Tuber sounds more appetizing than rhizome, what sounds like some kind of fungus.

For Taiwan, I like sweet potatoes.

I like them hot, and don’t put anything on them.

[quote=“Richardm”]Tuber sounds more appetizing than rhizome, what sounds like some kind of fungus.

I like them hot, and don’t put anything on them.[/quote]
Not even butter and crushed black pepper? You’re weird.

= liquid bread, so that should be a cereal

[quote=“Richardm”]

I like them hot, and don’t put anything on them.[/quote]

Yes, plain sweet potatoes for breakfast. I like the orange ones better than the yellow though.