What items/brands do Taiwanese young adults want from the US

This makes more sense.

Basically, I’ve noticed a trend where people (Americans, Chileans, or Angolans etc ) like to underplay the influence that the outside world has had on many aspects of culture just about everywhere. My intention is not to be arrogant, but I call it where I see it. Fashion doesn’t really matter to me, but just reminds of when I lived in America. I remember many people saying to me that everything was American in origin. I think it was more out of pride for their own and distaste for ours than actual fact.

:wink:

This makes more sense.

Basically, I’ve noticed a trend where people (Americans, Chileans, or Angolans etc ) like to underplay the influence that the outside world has had on many aspects of culture just about everywhere. My intention is not to be arrogant, but I call it where I see it. Fashion doesn’t really matter to me, but just reminds of when I lived in America. I remember many people saying to me that everything was American in origin. I think it was more out of pride for their own and distaste for ours than actual fact.

:wink:[/quote]

umm…you’re way off. Polynesians are far worse than Angolans - vagabundos!

America has had a massive effect on the rest of the world in terms of culture. There’s no denying that. Certainly in terms of music, almost every major artform of the 20th century originated in America.

I’m not Canadian. I’m Australian. I always find it amusing the lengths and pains some Canadians go to so they won’t be mistaken for being American. Many have massive chips on their shoulders about it and they’re more obnoxious than the Americans they try to distance themselves from. If I see some guy with a huge Canadian flag on his backpack, I’ll deliberately ask him which part of the States he’s from just to fuck with him.

Typical Kiwi.

Typical Kiwi.[/quote]

Just please don’t call me British. :raspberry: