What kind of vinegar is best for body cleansing?

Hi,

There are so many vinegars in Taiwan. I am overwhelmed! Anyway, back home I remember people saying that this kind or that kind of vinegar cleanses toxins from your body.
Now that I am in a place with so many cool vinegars, the idea of drinking vinegar appeals to me. I recently quit smoking and like the idea of a body purifier. Oh, and if it “melts fat” , (though I never believed that, hence my reason for never having drank vinegar before) then clue me in!

Yeah, vinegar with health bebefits. Any and all advice is much appreciated. :rainbow:

I douche with balsamic vinegar, bathe in cider vinegar and do malt vinegar colonics. But that’s just me. :idunno:

I think it is tough to drink vinegar straight. I use 1:5 cranberry vinegar to cranberry juice or sometimes 1:1:5 cranberry vinegar: vodka: cranberry juice.

It just tastes good and I figure its not bad for you.

Scorn. Good for the mind, too.

Organic Apple Cider Vinegar is the way to go.
I’ve always liked and used Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar. It is unfiltered, unheated, unpasteurized and 5% acidity.

I do not know if its available here on Taiwan, but this should give you some indication of what to look for.

Body cleansing is a myth … toxins are removed by your liver and kidneys even if you keep up your normal diet … try eating healthy

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4616603.stm

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/4574912.stm

apple vinger is normally used in cleaning. plain vinger for douching. MT-stop :stuck_out_tongue: :slight_smile:

go to [www.curezone.com(or](http://www.curezone.com(or) org?) for information about fasts and cleansings.

So, aside from MT, who else is using apple cider vinegar?

I bought it for my cat, as I read in several forums from people who reccomended it for their pets, and had success treating similar conditions to hers, so I decided to give it a try.

But I have been reading about the benefits for people and I’d like to try it too. Anyway, I wouldn’t give my pet anything I wouldn’t have. :wink:

However, I find the dosage a bit confusing: is it two tablespoons in 8 ounces (240 mL) of water or 32 ounces (almost a liter)? Anyway, I’ll start small and work my way up there.

There’s nothing wrong with drinking a little vinegar, especially if you’ve never had an ulcer or suffer from indigestion caused by acid reflux.

especially after a meal with a lot of meat: the added acid helps to digest the protein in your stomach faster.

as to which one is best? Go for one that tastes OK: there’s dozens here to choose from. Lots of Taiwanese drink vinegar drinks just like fruit juices, and there is a whole shelf in most convenience store fridges.

Obviously, get one that’s made from natural fruit and is not an industrial white vinegar. Acetic acid is a common and cheap industrial chemical!

There is very little truth to the rumours that vinegar “purifies your blood” or “makes you burn fat”. It may help digest meat, and many natural vinegars are packed with nutrients like minerals and vitamins. that’s about the only benefit you’ll get.

You mean if you’ve never had an ulcer [color=#BF0080]AND DON’T[/color] suffer from indigestion caused by acid reflux.

Right?

I bought the organic one, as it was meant for my cat. :wink:

The intention is not body cleansing - I got nice herbal soap for that.

This kind of apple cider vinegar is reccommended to lower sugar blood levels. That helps, too. Acid reflux? Check. It helps to heal, believe it or not, according to the literature. Indigestion? Not recently, but you never know.

paradoxically, yes, for some causes of heartburn.

adding acid to the stomach stops the stomach from making its own acid (H+ ions inhibit acid release), so adding dilute acid to a gastric reflux patient MAY help some of them.

It does not help all of them, which is what I actually meant in the first place.

If you have had a (recent) ulcer OR if you Currently suffer from gastric reflux caused by a weak sphincter, diaphragm spasm, hernia, etc then don’t drink vinegar. If you have gastric reflux from overproduction of acid (perhaps for which you’ve been prescribed cimetidine) then dilute vinegar should be OK to slow down additional stronger acid production from the chief cells in the stomach.

that leaves 95% of people who can happily drink the stuff, though neat is probably not recommended. The drinks sold here seem to be about 1 in 10 diluted…

UPDATE:

The cats are really enjoying the thing, and seem quite pleased drinking water flavored with a few drops.

Me? I can barely chug down the thing. And I am using the 1 teaspoon in 32 oz.of water.

The cat forum people said I could see the results in one month. Good, because it will be time for another cat-ultrasound scan. As for myself, so far, no visible effects.

[quote=“Icon”]UPDATE:

The cats are really enjoying the thing, and seem quite pleased drinking water flavored with a few drops.

Me? I can barely chug down the thing. And I am using the 1 teaspoon in 32 oz.of water.

The cat forum people said I could see the results in one month. Good, because it will be time for another cat-ultrasound scan. As for myself, so far, no visible effects.[/quote]

Let me know how the vinegar routine works.
I got some nice olive oil, I’ll come over and we can play salad…

Where can I buy this magical ACV?

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]Organic Apple Cider Vinegar is the way to go.
I’ve always liked and used Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar. It is unfiltered, unheated, unpasteurized and 5% acidity.

I do not know if its available here on Taiwan, but this should give you some indication of what to look for.[/quote]

You can buy it at Carrefore in the international foods section.

May I ask what’s wrong with your cat Icon?

May I ask what’s wrong with your cat Icon?[/quote]

Kidney problems. Like me. :smiley:

I have to report, though, that contrary to the cats, I ended up in the hospital after fantastic results with this vinegar, details of which I will spare you. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Icon”]Kidney problems. Like me. :smiley:

I have to report, though, that contrary to the cats, I ended up in the hospital after fantastic results with this vinegar, details of which I will spare you. :p[/quote]

Interesting, I thought that might me the case, one of our cats has early feline CRF and I’m open to anything that’ll help her… I’ll look into this a little more… Thanks Icon…