What made you sad today?

I’m asking this question because I broke up with the girlfriend today. I’m sad. I’m depressed. I’m furious. I’m even a little pissed (not angry pissed … the English pissed) 'cause I’ve been celebrating /sulking / drowing my sorrows with a some Taiwan beers since 4 this afternoon.

It’s Ok to be a sad bastard, but what really bothers me is that I, on a public forum like this, pissed all over a guy for wanting to buy a fake degree/certificate in Thailand. I mean, come on Stanley, take a tablet! As if that wasn’t enough, I then continued, in a public forum like this, and pissed all over Africa and the DRC. Hell, I’ve only lived there for about 10 years of me life. {Gulp} I just took a tablet. I then continued and nominated Nelson Mendela as the saviour of Africa! Actually, quite a good idea! I might not be as pissed as I thought.

So my question to you all is this: Is this, I mean, is writing self-loathing letters, and pissing all over other respectable posters on a public forum a common symptom when left by the woman one loves and was was about to marry?

Thanks for listening. You are all great. Sorry if I offended anyone. No need to worry … no more posts … going to bed now

Stanley Livingstone

[quote=“stan”]I’m asking this question because I broke up with the girlfriend today. I’m sad. I’m depressed. I’m furious. I’m even a little pissed (not angry pissed … the English pissed) 'cause I’ve been celebrating /sulking / drowing my sorrows with a some Taiwan beers since 4 this afternoon.

It’s Ok to be a sad bastard, but what really bothers me is that I, on a public forum like this, pissed all over a guy for wanting to buy a fake degree/certificate in Thailand. I mean, come on Stanley, take a tablet! As if that wasn’t enough, I then continued, in a public forum like this, and pissed all over Africa and the DRC. Hell, I’ve only lived there for about 10 years of me life. {Gulp} I just took a tablet. I then continued and nominated Nelson Mendela as the saviour of Africa! Actually, quite a good idea! I might not be as pissed as I thought.

So my question to you all is this: Is this, I mean, is writing self-loathing letters, and pissing all over other respectable posters on a public forum a common symptom when left by the woman one loves and was was about to marry?

Thanks for listening. You are all great. Sorry if I offended anyone. No need to worry … no more posts … going to bed now

Stanley Livingstone[/quote]

Stan man…

Glad you went to bed, booze won’t help anyways.

Feel free to pm me.

bobepine

I’m guessing yes, and if I could give a bit of advice - Wait awhile before reading the replies you get to your nasty letters. It’s the last thing you’ll need tomorow.

Well, I don’t think anyone would be able to not feel sad when left by someone he/she loves and is about to marry. It’s quite normal to be acting a little different than you usually would, and if you feel bad about it, no one say you can’t apologize afterwards.

Sorry you are going through such a challenging time. I am sure there is meaning in all that’s happening to you now: take gentle care.

Stan, sorry to hear this. Give it some time…could be cold feet?

As for going off on someone online…it happens. Send a whoopsPM if you feel you went too far…or edit your post.

As for the GF breakup…if it wasn’t meant to be…etc. Better to break up now than in 10 years when you’ve got two kids, a house…blah blah…

Peace brother

Stan. There are certain points in our llives when we are allowed and expected to act like idiots. When sufferrinng a broken heart, it is perfectly acceptable. And anyone who tells you otherwise has never had a broken heart.
If you go ouut of line, be sure to appologize and tell them why you were pissed (british pissed), pissed (american pissed), and acting out. I am sure they will understand.
In the meanwhile, you will need to distract yourself for a while in more healthy ways. Why don’t you see what you can do for Animals Taiwan or any other number of volunteer organizations. Helping others is a good way to renew your faith in yourself.

Love hurts. Getting over it takes time and energy. We all are here fo ryou.

Ditto to all the other previous posts. I feel for you, it’s difficult to go through a break up. Don’t be too hard on yourself.

Peace

Bodo

[quote=“Bodo”]Ditto to all the other previous posts. I feel for you, it’s difficult to go through a break up. Don’t be too hard on yourself.

Peace

Bodo[/quote]

I concur. Keep smiling and concentrate on yourself for a while. Things will brighten up soon enough.

Watching the History Channel tonight…

Doctors of the Third Reich and all their scientific research on children and child euthenasia.

To know that professional medical staff murdered young children for research is quite demoralizing.

Seems that s few of those medical staff escaped as they were declared unfit for trial.

[quote=“Satellite TV”]Watching the History Channel tonight…

Doctors of the Third Reich and all their scientific research on children and child euthenasia.

To know that professional medical staff murdered young children for research is quite demoralizing.

Seems that s few of those medical staff escaped as they were declared unfit for trial.[/quote]

This will cheer Stan up in no time…

[quote=“Satellite TV”]Watching the History Channel tonight…

Seems that s few of those medical staff escaped as they were declared unfit for trial.[/quote]

:slight_smile: I’ve had a shit day. That cheered me up, don’t know about Stan.

Thanks to all for your kind words. Much appreciated. I’m fine now.

It’s quite encouraging and heart-warming to see how much sympathy and support people are willing to give to someone completely ‘faceless’ like me. :notworthy:

Stan I’m glad you are feeling better. Do you live in Taipei? No need to remain “faceless”. If you have time, join us at the next Forumosa Happy Hour! Many of Forumosa’s regular posters are even nicer in person.
You may even get someone to buy you a drink or two. :slight_smile:

Well I think what made me sad today is that my bf is out drinking, having a great time and I am at home. It’s Saturday night and I am home, that’s sad. And worst I still think my bf is cheating. And even worse I don’t know why I am still with him! :frowning:

picture
clear
decision
time

Just remember sweetie. No one MAKES you feel sad. You are in control of how you feel and you can change the way you feel, usually by doing something positive and/or taking action against the thing/person that causes you to feel sad.

peace
jds

sweetie wrote:

The two of you need to sit down and talk.

Like jdsmith said, it’s time to make a decision.

Nobody should be in a relationship that don’t make them happy.

I started this topic in dispair a couple of weeks ago. I was surprised at the amount of support (public posts and PMs) I received. :notworthy: Even an invite to the forumosa happy hour! Thanks erhu! :notworthy:

I hope the two of you are able to work it out.

Good luck.

Stanley

This morning, I woke up, looked out the window at the beautiful, bright blue sky, and uttered five words that set the tone for the day:

“I just missed my flight.”

A flight that, about an hour north of where reality had just given me a good morning kick in the face, had left the gate four minutes earlier…

A flight home to see my family where I would have been spending a few days with my little sister, whose in her last year of university, before going south to stay with my older brother’s family, including my sister-in-law (my second favorite sister after my own sister), my almost-3-year-old niece who has been promised to sing the ABC song to me, and my 8-month-old nephew who I only met when he kicked me through his mommy’s tummy last year.

A flight that also happens to go once a day…

A flight that is booked solid until next Monday.

And that is how my day began.

The good news is that in less than 24 hours from the time I woke up this morning (7:59am), I will be on a flight to Bali for 10 days, Cathay Pacific…business class. :sunglasses:

But it still saddens me to think that in only 5 more hours, I would have been greeted by my mother and stepfather.

Oh man, Imani…that’s a bummer. That’s a real bummer. I’m sorry. :frowning:

So wait a minute. You were going home, and now you’re going to Bali??

Shit…now I’M sad. :frowning: