What made you sad today?

I have missed flights before but I was usually too drunk to get too upset about it.

Oh goodness, and I thought I was sad today. I just brought my freaked out cats home from the vet after having them spayed. But this is really bad…just thinking of how my mother would feel if that ever had to happen to me makes me feel soooo bad for you. She always makes a whole show of us going home…fixing up the place, buying new clothes, goodies to put in a gift bad, shopping for our favourite things at Woolies. Goodness.
So are you still going after Bali?

:bravo: :bravo:

Ah Taiwan! Ah CKS arrival!

Especially after joking with Jefferson about oversleeping last night. I had two bloody hours before I needed to get ready. I really tried to stay awake by playing computer games, but I started nodding off. Had two alarms set to go off within two minutes of each other. I must have been in REM when they rang. Neither of them were turned off, but I never heard them.

Actually, going to Bali was my mother’s idea. When we were discussing me coming home at Christmas a few months before, I had told her that a 1-week trip there, flying business class and staying in a hotel and meals would cost the same amount as a plane ticket home would.
Today, as she tried to cheer me up, she said, “Hey, now you can go to Bali.” Buying a business class ticket last minute, plus anticipated costs for food and accomodations will cost me about NT$3,000 more than my flight home today did. And I’m getting a refund, minus penalities which will go to recoup the money I spent on the flight I booked for Christmas.
Now I have to explain to my friend that not only am I going to Bali without her, but I won’t be going with her after all during Christmas. She’s still in Canada visiting her family and when she comes back tomorrow she has to go back to work so I couldn’t even help her get a ticket.

By the way, I’m scheduled to arrive in Dayton, OH in about 3 hours.

Anyways, it won’t make up for seeing my family, but I have to admit myself that it is a nice consolation for how horrible I felt 14 hours ago. Fortunately the catsitters (aka neighbors) didn’t stop by today. I’m sure I would have been a lovely surprise for them to hear someone moving around inside my place singing loudly with headphones on.

Going to the airport in two hours to sleep there at the gate in order to ensure I don’t miss my flight again. Mmm…breakfast and washing up in the business lounge.

See my day is getting better and better all the time.

Logging off soon. Have to go brush up on my Indonesian. I still remember quite a few words that I learned on my trip there last year, but I want to do more than say ‘good morning’, ‘good evening’, ‘thank you’, ‘you’re welcome’, ‘excuse me’, ‘no’, and ‘duck’ (as in the animal and, consequentially, the meat :stuck_out_tongue: ).

Thanks for letting me unload my crap day on you all.

:sunglasses:

I am sad today because I feel like an old maid in her late 20’s and don’t have a bf…

sucks, I am not even bad looking either! :frowning:

[quote=“MiakaW”]I am sad today because I feel like an old maid in her late 20’s and don’t have a bf…

sucks, I am not even bad looking either! :frowning:[/quote]

Oii… Just go through all the threads/posts from people lamenting about their ‘Bad’ relationships then you’ll soon be saying to yourself : Better in NO relationship than being in a lousy relationship…

Today I’ve realized that I am, metaphorically speaking, invisible.

Everything I have said or done for this entire week has gone unnoticed or brushed off. Every time I try to express something, it either gets ignored, belittled, or turned around so that it’s about someone or something else. That no one really sees me and that my opinion has very little value. I suppose I have the weekend to recoop, but I feel so useless at work right now.

On several occasions I mentioned conern about something and everyone said, “That doesn’t matter.” I turned in my lesson plans early and was told that my supervisor had more important things on her mind than my class plans. I was asked my opinion about where to place furniture and then the person who asked decided to do it her own way instead. When I proposed an idea to my supervisor about how I could improve a small project I was working on and had her say, “As long asd it gets done.” I feel as if my boss resents the fact that I am still around (well, if she had actually spoken to me).

It’s ironic that we did a workshop on direct and positive communication at the beginning of the week and I feel as if nothing I say or do to the people who also attended this workshop has any kind of importance.

That’s what has made me sad today.

I don’t seem to be invited to the birthday party.

What makes me sad on a daily basis is thinking of my best friends back home who I haven’t seen in person for 18 months (guys that I grew up with and used to see almost every day, we were like brothers), and the fact that even talking on the phone to them is limited (as it costs about NT26 a minute to call South Africa from here). :frowning:

On the plus side, I’m gonna be seeing them all again in just over a month when I go back for a vacation! :smiley: Plus I’m taking my girlfriend, who has never left the country, and hardly spent any time out of kaohsiung even! It’s gonna be awesome! Cool… now I’m not sad any more…