What (movies) are you watching? (2007)

I miss doobie :frowning:

Saw ā€œThe Motelā€ (2005) a couple of nights ago.

[quote]Thirteen-year-old Ernest Chin lives and works at a sleazy hourly-rate motel on a strip of desolate suburban bi-way. Misunderstood by his family and blindly careening into puberty, Ernest befriends Sam Kim, a self-destructive yet charismatic Korean man who has checked in. Sam teaches the fatherless boy all the rites of manhood.
[/quote]

Not too bad.

I have a camcorder copy of ā€œHannibal Risingā€ downloaded. The video quality doesnā€™t look too good, but Iā€™ll watch it nonetheless.

Saw the beginning of ā€œThe Last King of Scotlandā€ (Forest Whitaker) the other night and itā€™s not looking too bad. I just wasnā€™t in the mood to watch it all. Probably on the weekend.

Iā€™m starting to think I should check ā€œNorbitā€ out. IMDB only gives it a 3.9, but a review on that sight says that Eddie Murphy is good. Worth a look, I guess.

ā€œGhost Riderā€ comes out on the weekend.

I just saw ā€œDeath Noteā€, and I actually enjoyed it. When I first saw the trailer I thought it would be crap, but it ended up being a fun ride. I loved both L and Kira, and the Death guy was very sweet too. Anybody else seen this?

I also saw ā€œThe Devil Wears Pradaā€ on dvd, but I was disappointed with the ending. Cā€™mon, that was a great job! The SO said that itā€™s the kind of movie ā€œHollywoodā€ makes to make sure the masses stay satisfied with their boring, non-successful lives. Yep, it is more important to stay with your low-class boyfriend that can not bother shaving his ugly face than it is to become succesful in business, filthy rich, and famous. Muahahhahhaha! Yeah, right.

Iā€™ve been watching Deadwood & Rome re-runs on HBO singature with the childproof lock on it -

Holy shizer! - I feel like Iā€™ve never watched them - they are a completely different shows.

Whatā€™s the child proof lock? Is it always on, or can you tuirn it off?

HG

I got Rome on DVD. There are pubies in it!!!

Watched A Taiwanese film last night about a couple of Hualien buftie boys. It was OK I suppose. Everlasting Summer or Eternal Summer or something.

Children of Men was fantastic. There were a couple of long, single-take tracking shots which absolutely blew my mind (the car chase in the forest, the prison/war zone scene). Highly recommended.

Yeah. Not too bad. Double recommendation.

I watched The Three Burials of Some Mexican Dude last night. Bloody excellent film. Tommy Lee Jones just gets better and better.

Donā€™t watch ā€œNorbitā€. I only watched it part way through. The jokes were really bad. Old hat. Not funny.

ā€œGhost Riderā€ was very so-so. Not horrible, butā€¦

There are a handful of hopefully interesting enough movies to check out in the next couple of weeks including ā€œThe Number 23ā€ with Jim Carey and ā€œThe Abandonedā€, a Spanish (I think) horror flick. Supposed to be good. Maybe it can be downloaded now because it is a 2006 release.

[quote=ā€œj99l88e77ā€]Donā€™t watch ā€œNorbitā€. I only watched it part way through. The jokes were really bad. Old hat. Not funny.
[/quote]

Too LATE. :raspberry:
But the kids had funā€¦

My friendā€™s kids thought it was the funniest thing on godā€™s green earth. I wanted to not see this film so much, I offered to take care of the kidsā€™ puppy so I could graciously escape. I appreciate puppies almost as much as I enjoy fat jokes.

Saw ā€œThe Number 23ā€ with Jim Carey a couple of nights ago.

Not impressed.

French film called ā€œNarcoā€. Pretty funny a la ā€œBig Lebowskiā€.

sg.movies.yahoo.com/Narco/movie/13542/

I found The Good Sheppard creepy and riveting. Itā€™s amazing how horrifying it can be when watching someone get unceremoniously thrown out of an airplane with nothing but the soundtrack playing.

On the horizon:
The Ground Truth
Jesus Camp
Inconvenient Truth
Infamous (a Capote film that got overlooked so they say)

ā€œThe Astronaut Farmerā€

Right on!

I thought Blood Diamond was very good
Apocalypto was brilliant (congrats Mel Gibson for making an epic action movie)
Smokinā€™ Aces was very entertaining (like an American Lock Stock)

Apocalypto was one of the best movies Iā€™ve seen in a while.

The boy and I went and watched Ghost Rider today. Iā€™m torn, as I like Marvel comicbooks brought to life in movies. The story was a bit slow for the nonfan I presume, like FF was, but I liked the background quirkiness of Johhny Blaze and Ghost Rider was just too cool to live. I was not a reader of the comic, not a nonfan, just a nonreader, and I like the storyline. I didnā€™t really like him kicking the ash of four super demons in movie 1 though. Makes it a tough act to follow.

On to the bad. Nick Cage was miscast IMO. When Johnny Blazeā€™s helmet came off and I saw Cage for the first time in the film, I had forgotten he was in it. I didnā€™t miss him. Cage is a verbal actor and he just overacted this part. The hand pointy gesture, ā€œYouā€¦innocentā€¦guiltyā€ it wore on me. I donā€™t think heā€™ll be in the second movie and that will suck in a Batman kind of way.

Personally I hope the next movie is a ā€œOne Night in hellā€ kind of thing. Mostly GR and little JB.

Pretty much the best thing Marvel/Sony can do here is keep the actors midlevel. Nick Cage will not do a follow up to the ā€œbox office failureā€ GR will probably be. The guy in Punisher? He will be back and he will kick ash too. The guy from the Hulk. Probably will be back. The FF? Why not? Look what happened to the XMen, many mid/highmid level actors, and one ā€œmadeā€ actress, Halley whatshername, and she blew in the film.

Hellboy 2, not marvel, will also be a great sequel. Main actor isā€¦uhā€¦hmmā€¦yeah, heā€™ll be back.

Superstars should not be superheroes. Use the roles to elevate the actor not the other way around.

jdsiskel

oh, and 5 minutes into Jesus Camp and I am DAMN scared that some people see ALL of America like this.

Caught Breakfast on Pluto at SPOT last night. It was odd. Alright in a what-if-Oscar Wilde-got-caught-up-in-1970s-Irish-politics kind of way, but too over-the-top and thin.