What Movies Are You Watching? —2016—

I finally got around to watching the female cast Ghostbusters, Suicide Squad, NERVE, The Legend of Tarzan, Now You See Me 2 and Moneyball on the airplane to and from the states.

Ghostbusters (2016) - Kate McKinnon aka Holtzmann made the movie for me. Other than that, not too much to talk about. I still prefer the original theme song over the updated Fall Out Boy one.

Suicide Squad (2016) - Focus 2 starring Will Smith and Margot Robbie. Honestly, isn’t this an ensemble cast, the other characters have probably 1/8 of the lines that Smith and Robbie have. Glad I didn’t see this one in theaters.

The Legend of Tarzan (2016?) - The whole time, I thought Jane was suppose to be from the UK, but in this story she’s American? All in all, not a remake, but a continuation of the original Tarzan movie. I was thoroughly entertained and dayamn that Alexander Skarsgard is ripped.

NERVE (2016) - I saw the trailer for this awhile ago and completely forgot about it. I soon realized a lot of the movie was told via the trailer. Regardless of that, still a fun flick to watch. Emma Roberts is definitely worth keeping an eye on for future blockbusters.

Moneyball (2015) - I won’t lie, I fell asleep 2x while watching this (due to jetlag) not because it was boring! I don’t really watch baseball, but I know the amount of statistics and analysis go into every player and game. A great inspiring movie worth watching.

Now You See Me 2 (2016) - The whole time, I was thinking Jay Chou would be one of the main characters, but was let down. Just a supporting cast member. I liked the first one much better when you didn’t know the twist at the end of the movie. However, the twist at the end of the sequel isn’t too shabby either.

Moneyball is great!

I just saw “Hacksaw ridge” yesterday, after 10 years Gibson announced the other movie is so impressive to me, the thought to Gibson is only for his movie “Brave Heart”.

This movie is so impressive about the man who insist his religion to contribute himself to the country, it’s really not easy when your thoughts is different from public. The movie time is about 2 hours 20 minutes, but I don’t feel any boring about any moment.

Recently saw The Secret Life of Pets and Godzilla 2016. Loved this last one. The dripping sarcasm of the plot/actions/character depiction/etc. is as caustic as Godzilla’s radiation filled fire spit. And the cheesiness of the lines mud wrestles with the awfulness of the special effects. I mean, The initial Godzilla looks more like a muppet with chicken eyes…

Recently saw The Secret Life of Pets and Godzilla 2016. Loved this last one. The dripping sarcasm of the plot/actions/character depiction/etc. is as caustic as Godzilla’s radiation filled fire spit. And the cheesiness of the lines mud wrestles with the awfulness of the special effects. I mean, The initial Godzilla looks more like a muppet with chicken eyes…

And Yukata Takenouchi as eye candy. :heart: :happyrunningaround:

So does anyone know the release date for Arrival in Taiwan yet?

This site still says February 10:
http://www.atmovies.com.tw/movie/movie.cfm?action=next&sw=6

I can’t see anything on Vieshow’s page yet:
http://www.vscinemas.com.tw/film/coming.aspx?p=2

Sing was great

This was really good. It was a bit schmaltzy, but the combat scenes (which made up most of the second half of the movie) were off the charts. Totally sick.

“OMIGOSH that’s not how you use it, dad!”

Uh uh. You guys must have changed it. That’s good New Yorkese.

I saw Raising Arizona last night. I love Holly Hunter but the movie felt kinda dated imo. I expected much more based on what I had heard before.