What Movies Are You Watching (2019)

It’s obvious that’s what he was trying to do. I just don’t think he succeeded at it.

So was he good in bed?

Good question. If she did sleep with him, she never shared the details with her son. Guess that would be weird.

Somehow I doubt he is, though.

1 Like

You can tell that from his acting skills?

In the theatre now to watch Apollo 11

Only two people in the cinema including me

Never happens in Taiwan
Common here

I felt like it’s was supposed to be ridiculous on purpose?

I think he killed fight club, my favorite with him in it.

Apollo 11 is a must see documentary. Please see it. It’s a massive achievement that we don’t plan to do again.

Also see Free Solo the insane climb up El Capitan with no ropes.

It’s insane because although he just wanted to make history it’s like a risk that is unnecessary.

He rock climbed it nearly 50 times already and many times a rope saved him.

I guess he just wanted to do it. I was impressed with how technical it was the climb. Perfectly thought out.

It’s a massive achievement but really an insane one.

His gf was cute though. Cat scan says he’s not normal and yup he ain’t.

1 Like

That was a pretty harrowing film to watch. And yes, it was obvious the guy is somewhere on the spectrum. No normal person would attempt to free solo El Capitan.

I felt horrified by his monstrous hands. I know they are the result of hard work and training, and basically ensure his ability to climb successfully, but they are just so fuckin scary-looking.

His hands were a little creepy, but I was more creeped out by his facial expressions and his seeming lack of empathy.

HIs brain scan said he doesn’t feel like the rest of us . He feels at a much higher threshold. So good thing he likes climbing capitan and not murdering people i would say.

He seems a gentle soul. So I don’t think his abnormality is dangerous to others, only to himself.

And he was living out of a van. And before he had a gf, he really didn’t seem to care about anything much. And he seemed to take a long time to come to like his GF. So yeah, he is feeling at a much higher threshold. And in a sense he was prepared to die doing that stunt. Guy didn’t know fear. And he grew up in a seemingly non touchy feely household. His dad didn’t seem to express his emotions a whole lot and his mom was like, yeah whatever.

Its on the same level as Evel Kneivel. Jumping the Grand Canyon and all that. An achievement yes. Insane Achievement YES.

I agree. A human achievement of the highest order.

definitely but bordering , no delving into the DUMB if not TOTALLY BONKERS side of things.

Just watched the trailer for Dora the Explorer. The acting looks bad even though they have very good actors. The CGI looks awful. The editing and cinematography look from 1980. … In summary, what the *@?&¡!

Idiot tbh.

The guy was a Mensa member, speaks multiple languages, went to U.C. Berkeley, etc.

And rock climbed without rope.

Moron.

You have an extremely narrow definition of intelligence.

Gain is right though because the climb is an answer to a question that wasn’t asked by anyone other than himself.

It is in fact a needless achievement.
He climbed it some fifty times using a rope and now took the huge gamble to climb without a rope. Acrobats can go back to not using nets but should they ? So the world can sit on the edge of their seats to possibly witness a live death. Back to lions eating Christians and other criminals then?

That becomes daredevil territory.
Like BASE jumping, yes you can do it but should you? Wing suit ? You can but should you?

He needed extremism to even feel alive. The climb without a rope is a huge thrill seeking exercise. He was prepared for his gf to be without him as he didn’t sufficiently care about her. He grew up in a family that took him for granted or it felt that way. He wasn’t capable of emotion like the rest of us.

His brain scan showed that.

He may be the inspiration to another who wants to prove that he too can do it and he will fall and be killed.

But in his world of extreme sport to die is just an ‘oh well ‘ event as he tAlks about some people he knew who died.

But any way that is what defined his purpose in life and his way to income and a normal life. To live off that Climb. Not saying that was his purpose but it became incidental. He would’ve happily lived in a van and done odd jobs just so he can climb and maybe climb another rock. Maybe Ayers Rock.

In my mind, this doesn’t make him an idiot, just very different from most people.

1 Like