What Movies Are You Watching (2019)

I’m not saying he is an idiot but I think that the climb is a basically idiotic thing to do

You can’t say he did not give a fuck about his life he did but only one not two.

Supersmart people can do idiotic things toO

I can remember sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay for their achievement honestly I don’t even remember this guys name

The climb was a tremendous achievement but in my mind it was tremendously stupid as well

But hey in his world it’s a different world the guy that was in charge of filming he recently died of some illness I believe and he achieved a lot also he skied down Everest climbed Everest without oxygen did a lot of incredible things and I suppose since he was going to die of some illness at a young age may as well that he went ahead and did all that stuff because you only live once right?

To rock climb el
Capitan is a tremendous achievement to do it without ropes is insanely dumb though

1 Like

I want to see dumbo. Eva Green is probably my favorite actress.

So it is going to be hard watching Hotel Mumbai after all that has happened recently.

https://youtu.be/gVQpbp54ljA

And in the memories department, after Bohemian Rhapsody, we have Rocketman.

https://youtu.be/LbeRrQhH4OI

+1

The camera loves that woman. She always seems to look slightly different in each role, but she’s a stunner in every one.

This just dropped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t433PEQGErc

I have no idea what to think. It looks pretty good, but at the same time: hashtagnotmyjoker. It’s in no way true to the Joker from the comics, however it looks like it’s going to be deeper than anything from the DC before. I’ll watch it.

While I’m on DC: saw Shazam today. It’s a bit manipulative. Made me cry. It was a cheap but affective trick. It’s up there as far as those DC movies are concerned. Enjoyable and remained fairly true to the source material (broadly speaking).

That Joker poster is good and Joaquin is easily the best actor of his generation, but it’s still not enough to make me interested.

That’s fair. Considering the director, also… it seems a bit silly to think that the Old School/Hangover guy is taking himself this seriously. You never know, though.

Yeah the director is a joke lol. I can’t believe Joaquin signed up for this. They must have offered him a huge salary.

After 5 years , I’m feeling I should go to the cinema soon . Are they actually producing an Avatar 2 ? Or anything interesting to see in Taiwan over the next few weeks ?

Avatar 2 to 4 are supposedly still coming for whatever reason.

I just saw Dumbo with my kids. It was fine, but I wasn’t all that into it. Kids liked it more but it wasn’t really their favorite either.

It was a notable movie-going experience for one reason. About an hour ten into the movie, some dude in his 50s comes in and sits one seat away from my eldest daughter. The cinema’s only about 1/8th full so it strikes me as really weird, but whatever.

Less than a minute after he sits down, his phone rings LOUD and for whatever reason he answers it and proceeds to talk to the person. I kind of look over at him as does the woman behind him, but he hangs up after 30 or 40 seconds so whatever.

But less than a minute later, it rang again. Once again, he answers it and proceeds to chat with the person. I kind of scoot over in front of my daughter, reach over and tap the guy on the shoulder and he freaks the f out. Hides his phone in his arm pit, looks at me like a deer in headlights. I sit down and he switches ears, talks to the person quickly, and hangs up.

His phone continued to ring for the rest of the movie (it wasn’t on silent) but at least he didn’t answer. He did keep looking at his phone but it was in my peripheral vision so I don’t really give a toss. The people behind him could have called him on that.

oh dear … I quite enjoyed the spectacle :neutral_face:

I feel like it’s 10 years too late. That being said, it’s James Cameron. Once the first trailer drops I’m probably going to be all about Avatar 2.

Same. I imagine my experience with Avatar is the closest I’ll ever get to feeling how folks did watching Star Wars for the first time in the 70s.

Did you enjoy the Robot girl one? (I forget the actual title, with Christoph Waltz)

That’s what they said about Heath Ledger :wink:

I missed it, but it looks good. Going to check it out. I like Robert Rodriguez for the most part. I forget what movies they were, but two other movies were out around the same time so I just prioritized.

If you do, be sure to do it in the theaters with a huge a** screen + 7.1 or Atmos.

Otherwise… IMO not worth the time on a tv.

I feel like I was inadvertently making a reference to that.

You know, in the Batman comics, the joker never really has a clear origin story. The closest there is The Killing Joke. Heath Ledger’s joker played on that too, because he had maybe 3 origin stories in Dark Knight.

That being said, it looks interesting so who cares?

It’s 2019, you can get that all at home! Although my projector’s globe blew and its not worth the cost of replacing. Need to replace the projector.

Haha, I’ve got 150” screen with a pretty good projector (true 4K, pretty wide color gamut, good HDR, relatively short throw) and a Dolby 5.1. I sometimes forget how amazing it feels to watch a movie in a real theater. And then I walk into a Dolby cinema with Dolby vision and atmos, or IMAX theater and… instantly reminded that nah dude, it ain’t the same!

You have a home theater with Atmos?? That’s awesome.

1 Like

Er, yeah, actually, no… no atmos :frowning: A friend does and it’s pretty awesome. A little overwhelming for the living room though. I only say that because I’m jealous.

I haven’t seen a proper 4K projector in action yet. Every 4K projector I’ve come across has been that shifting technology (couldn’t find the technical name for it on google). It looks good but I’m sure the real thing’s better.

It’s true, it’s not quite the same. But I missed that movie anyway so I’ve got no choice but to settle.