What movies are you watching? (2021)

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me - I’ve never seen Twin Peaks the series so I guess that’s why I just didn’t get this at all. The club scene was great though. Questions in the World of Blue is a great song and the whole sequence is brilliant. Otherwise … meh. Didn’t care for it.

Jagten - Incredibly difficult to watch as it was just really cruel. Mads Mikkelsen was operating on top form and that little bitch girl (don’t remember her name) was great too.

Promising Young Woman - So I decided to watch up on 2020 movies and this was the first one I saw. Incredibly entertaining even though I saw one of the twists coming from a mile away. It was everything Gone Girl claimed to be and did it ten times better. Hope Mulligan and Fennell (who played Camilla in The Crown, btw, talk about double threat) do well at the Oscars.

Wolfwalkers - An absolute marvel in every sense. If you have children, watch this with them. If you don’t have children, still watch it. If you are Irish (@Brianjones) , DEFINITELY watch it. I’ve loved everything from Cartoon Saloon (the Irish Ghibli Studio) and this might just be their best to date. The animation was mindblowing, the voice work was sensational, and the songs/score were pitch perfect. It’s just so, so, so good. It’s on Appletv+ btw.

3 Likes