What movies are you watching? (2021)

I almost never watch series tv so I kinda expect to only watch one, if that haha.

Dexter is about the only episodic series I’ve watched more than a season or two of (watched them all, twice).

Like @lostinasia said iTunes (although I think they rebranded and are just Apple TV now). Much better selection than Netflix, although it’s annoying you have to pay for each individual rental unlike 'Flix where everything is covered by a monthly rate. And while Apple TV has a much better selection than Netflix, it still has some shocking omissions (example: Last night I discovered it has the awful American remake of ‘Old Boy’, but not the original Korean version).

I watch them on this illegal streaming website or download via torrent lol.

I have no ethical/moral issue with illegal downloads, but I worry about adware, malware and viruses.

I don’t think that’s a problem with the website I use, and torrent is safe.

There is nothing to worry about with videos. I wouldn’t download softwares though.

Edit: Talking about Torrent

1 Like

For these films which then by your own definition are absolute classics worthy of rewatching, I would just buy the Blu-ray which is very affordable now. Superior quality and heaps of interesting extra material.

To name one, Back to the Future, which holds up superbly.

I used to collect DVD, blue ray, others. They all now in boxes in the back of the closet.

Now everything some, even old stuff is available online and available anywhere anytime computer phone iPad.

Not the case unless you only care about mainstream films. So much of older cinema history can not be found legally online, and it does not even have to be that obscure stuff either.

Streaming services are all about the shock of the new. Even if you subscribe to 20 different services (and at what cost?) the selection is limited.

What pisses me off is streaming sites like Netflix, Prime, Hulu etc. will always carry the shitty, new remakes of films instead of the older, superior original ones.

1 Like

Yeah, my bad saying everything is available online. “Some” is available. Sometimes seems like a lot.

1 Like

I am struggling with the 80s.and 90s stuff, the.wife knows all the dodgy Chinese streaming sites. But they don’t have good coverage of older stuff. Also the quality of the image isn’t great.

Do you need an apple device to watch iTunes ?

I’ve tried Google movies and it’s a fail mostly. Not much in there.

Also every now.and then I want to watch a full HD type version of slightly older movies. But I don’t want to buy the movies, even though that is not a bad idea as you can find a lot of old DVDs for sale at cheap prices out there.

I have Netflix and they have some.stuff but obviously very limited. Although they do have all BTTF and also Diehard and The Truman Show on it now.

First season is amazing.
Second season is good.
Third it turns to total garbage.

It’s coming back. Always thought the concept was much greater than the actual show, but I’ll check out the new one.

Agree.

I can’t go back to this. I liked the first 4 seasons and then the fifth season fell off a cliff when it changed show-runner. To be honest, I’m not even sure I could go back to the good seasons as I watched it in my 20s when I could root for a serial killing antihero… but now it’d seem a bit too “edgy” and extreme for the sake of it. I don’t know… I think it’s one of those shows that probably hasn’t aged well.

1 Like

Just get them down from torrent it’s fine. It’s HD and free. Or if you want I can send you the link of the streaming site I use. The quality is pretty good and it’s got enough old movies.

2 Likes

No, you don’t, but I’m not sure how easy it is to do this in Taiwan. (I just use an Apple TV.)

Based on the link below, it looks like these devices or TVs can do this for you:

• Roku.
  • Amazon Fire TV.
  • Android TV.
  • Google TV.
  • Samsung Smart TVs.
  • LG Smart TVs.
  • VIZIO Smart TVs.
  • Sony Smart TVs.
  • PlayStation.
  • Xbox.

The website below is one place to start. Searching for information this gets very frustrating very quickly, because the Apple TV app is one way to buy content from the Apple Store (once called iTunes Store, maybe no longer?), and you can also get a subscription to Apple TV+ (if you’ve bought an iPhone in the past year or so you’ve probably got a free subscription for a year), and then you can watch that through your Apple TV device. So I watch Apple TV content by choosing the Apple TV app on my Apple TV device. Got a problem with one of those and want to find information? Good luck!
https://support.apple.com/guide/tvplus/welcome/web

1 Like

Try torrent if you don’t mind dodgy. You can find anything there legitimate or otherwise.

1 Like

I think I’m the only person that liked every season. Except the part where he falls in love with his sister, but that was in the book so…

I watched it like 10+ years ago then again two years ago and liked it just as well the second time. Luckily I forgot a lot of the story in between

Even the ‘good’ seasons I was never really into, it was more a show that just barely passed what I consider worth sticking with.

That said, I’m out of shows right now, so why not. Not really excited about it, just remember seeing the news the other day, it’s like a lukewarm hotdog or something. :grinning: