What movies are you watching (2022)

Yeah. I thought he looked vaguely familiar, and then I was like, ooohhh…

This one seems a bit too weird for me.

A24 is great though. Even when I don’t love the film, it still makes me think or challenges me.

1 Like

I didn’t realize how many films and shows they’ve done. They get my stamp of approval for Euphoria and Uncut Gems alone.

2 Likes

Just saw it tonight. It’s not over-hyped. It’s really good. Fun, wacky, action-packed, laugh out loud funny, and really touching. Makes people happy cry.

A24 is really consistent. Good stuff.

2 Likes

How was the subtitling for non-Chinese speakers?

It’s an American film so it’s shown with the English subtitles for the Chinese parts, alongside full mandarin subtitles like most foreign movies here. So in other words, not a problem. A lot of code switching and it’s cool they aren’t using mainland mandarin for most of it. It’s Malaysian dialect and Cantonese. I’d say about 30 percent of the script is in a chinese language and it’s all subtitled in English.

2 Likes

Excellent, thanks - I’ve been burned before by movies that were mixed-language, with the Chinese languages subtitled in North America, but not here.

1 Like

Wait, THIS is the new Batman?! Huh, it looks a lot more fun than I realized.

2 Likes

That’s a movie I’d like to watch!

2 Likes

As probably one of only two people in this thread who have watched the 1960s Batman movie – this would be great.

1 Like

I saw it! It’s very silly the best part is the inflatable shark repellent

1 Like

Given the preponderance of Gen Xers on this forum, I’d guess there are many more than two of us! I can’t be the only one who saw plenty of that Batman show in reruns after school.

1 Like

Watched the TV show in the 1960s; was there a movie?

Oh yeah. Same actors and style.

1 Like

Oh mate, was there ever! Burt Ward’s ‘Dick’ was on overtime.

I was always disappointed at tea time when Batman came on because I wanted the whole show to be a cartoon, just like the opening sequence was.

I’m Gen X.

1 Like

Watched and enjoyed.

2 Likes

60s TV was good stuff. Gilligan’s Island, I Dream of Jeanie, Get Smart, Lost in Space. Batman. From my mom’s constant watching of The Andy Griffith Show I also know all those episodes by heart.

Land of the giants.

I used to sneak down to the basement to watch it alone to scope out Barbara Eden in her genie outfit.

lol, yes, so hot.