What music are you listening to? (music edition)

1 Like
2 Likes

RIP Dusty…

These guys put genius shows. Those choreographies…

3 Likes

Favorite ZZ song…

Yeah that’s some real good slide. Bonnie Raitt live good.

i’ve heard this song but didn’t know it was zz top (obviously, also i haven’t seen the video); i gotsta admit, it isn’t as riffy as i’d expect from them

1 Like

Soul time…

Hard to believe that was 30 years ago… :open_mouth:

44 good days in 1991

1 Like

I was thinking about Nevermind before you posted that…the Black Album, not so much.

It grew on me, but yeah it was the beginning of the end of an era (not the best GNR album either)

it says something that 10 and Nevermind are the best albums there, for sure

@Dr_Milker

1 Like

Scat funk at its best

Serge Gainsbourg’s fascination with the noisier bodily functions has been well-documented, both by his biographers and by his own records. Who else, after all, would commission Sly & Robbie to lay down their earthiest, dubbiest reggae rhythm, then punctuate it with nonstop farting noises (“Evguenie Sokolov” from 1981’s Mauvaises Nouvelles des Etoiles album)? Who else would write a novel about a gas-stricken painter who turns his body-burps to his artistic advantage? And whose else could conceive an album dedicated in its near-entirety to…well, the song titles tell that story: “La Poupee Qui Fait” translates as “The Doll That Goes to the Toilet,” the title track documents the messier consequences of anal sex, and “Des Vents, des Pets, des Boums” means, simply, “Wind, Farts, Booms.” “Titicaca” is, of course, smuttily self-explanatory. So, it’s dirty, filthy, scatological fun, but it’s all wrapped so smoothly, so sweetly, and so irresistibly seductively that even the backing musicians – a team of crack English musicians led by Alan Hawkshaw – were not aware what he was singing about. The melodies are as lush as any, the performances as immaculate, and the soundscapes as varied
(1897) Serge Gainsbourg - Vu de l’extérieur 1977 - YouTube

possibly the best song / ad ever written

“I am so ghetto” by MC Hotdog

where my dog heads at?

actually I was being facetious but realize now my own ignorance. MC Hotdog is a big deal and frequent collab with Danbao (egg burger) and colonel mustard. one statement in the previous sentence was untrue.

Imagine
(1912) Imagine… Communism (John Lennon Parody) - YouTube

They should play this at Dem Party events.