What? No E3 thread yet?

anyone been following the live updates for this?

ps3 finally given a release date - nov 11 and at a price of 599US for the 60gb vers.

plus they’ve had a little bit on the Wii - no prices yet though. it will use an intersting feature called “24 connect” that basically keeps the thing downloading all day/night - promising fresh content everyday.

and it will have a remote…or wiimote i guess :wink:

those who have a 360 should try the ‘lost planet’ demo. those giant spiders are simply amazing. it reminds me a bit ‘the thing’ (the game based on the movie of the same name). gameplay is so smooth and fun, i didnt think they could already do that on the 360…

i think sony is diggin its own grave. check the details of the cheaper package they offer… and again cgi all the way, no real playable demo, and that’s just a few months from release! besides fanboys, who’s gonna buy that?

Don’t forget what they didn’t announce - that the tard pack will be gimped beyond belief: much smaller hard drive, no HD (and I thought high def was supposed to be the hallmark of the Next Generation), no Wifi, and most unbelievably, no memory stick capability.

[quote]plus they’ve had a little bit on the Wii - no prices yet though. it will use an intersting feature called “24 connect” that basically keeps the thing downloading all day/night - promising fresh content everyday.[/quote]Although there’s a pretty solid rumour going around that US$250 is the go, meaning that for the same price as a PS3 you could get a Wii and a 360. Additionally, as I posted in the Revolution thread, they announced some awesome looking games, like WiiSports, ExciteTruck, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, Metroid Prime 3, and Super Mario Galaxy. I’ll tell you what, I was much more impressed with the Wii after seeing all that in action. Plus I’m really looking forward to the DS releases for the coming year - Yoshi’s Island 2? Starfox DS? You had me at hello.

My overall reactions to the conferences:

• Sony - losing it. Arrogant, overpriced, and losing their edge - see how they’re ripping off Live and (half-assedly) the Wii controller? “The next generation doesn’t start until we say it does”?
  • Nintendo - brought their A game. Unveiled some games, finally, continued the Heart of a Gamer style of theme, although got a bit cloying.
  • Microsoft - IMO, did much better than I expected. Live Anywhere (finally) was a big move, and the continued cross-platform march shows promise. Shadowrun was a disappointment, don’t give a shit about GTA4, and they got awful corporate over the duration, but, and I hate to say it, I think MS is in with a good shot this cycle if they can deliver.

[quote]My overall reactions to the conferences:

• Sony - losing it. Arrogant, overpriced, and losing their edge - see how they’re ripping off Live and (half-assedly) the Wii controller? “The next generation doesn’t start until we say it does”?
  • Nintendo - brought their A game. Unveiled some games, finally, continued the Heart of a Gamer style of theme, although got a bit cloying.
  • Microsoft - IMO, did much better than I expected. Live Anywhere (finally) was a big move, and the continued cross-platform march shows promise. Shadowrun was a disappointment, don’t give a shit about GTA4, and they got awful corporate over the duration, but, and I hate to say it, I think MS is in with a good shot this cycle if they can deliver.[/quote]

i think almost everyone shares your thoughts. the ps3 is the most expensive and least innovative console i’ve seen. and i’m not talking about the many broken promises…
considering the price and the very low penetration of hdtv here in taiwan, i think the ps3 will be a huge failure. good news for nintendo!

ms is doin really well. the hd-dvd add-on is another story but who cares anyways? i’d bet it will be compatible with both windows and the 360. would be a very smart move.
no matter how much i hate ms (as a linux user), i have to say i loved the first xbox and i love the 360 even more. xbl is better than ever. i also love the fact that everyone can download every trailer and demo shown at the e3.

funny :smiley:
gamesradar.com/gb/ps3/game/n … ionId=1006

the 360 is looking better by the minute. i still can’t believe the price tag - 600 for the 1337 h4x0r ps3!

i could buy like 50 gizmondos for that price, and then link them all together into some sort of super mega ps3 ass kicking machine.

i think i’ll get an xbox and wait a few more months to play with my wii.
(sorry - but nintendo is just taking the piss) :wink: