What other forums do you post at (or just visit)?

A fellow forumosan introduced me to Internet Infidels Discussion Forums, a site about philosophy, ethics, science/skepticism and all that crap. It’s fun. I’ve even signed up and posted a couple of times in the general sections.

Anyway, got me thinking. Must be alot of people secretly, stealthily, furtively even, posting at other forums. Question is, where?
What’s good and what’s to be avoided?

In short, where do you forum freaks get your fix of forum, outisde of this site that is?

This is an excellent forum for information on Gatlings.
members3.boardhost.com/gatchat/

:moo:

MPD - hohoho. You seriously post there or you’re just taking the piss, timewasting, or all of the above?

Maybe you could take your gatgun over to the Hello Kitty forum in Italy
Hello Kitty forum in Italian :unamused:

[quote=“Spack”]MPD - hohoho. You seriously post there or you’re just taking the piss, timewasting, or all of the above?

Maybe you could take your gatgun over to the Hello Kitty forum in Italy
Hello Kitty forum in Italian :unamused:[/quote]
I seriously post there. Of course, it is a rather low-traffic site. :slight_smile: I also used to be active at 1919a4.com/ – I have an A7 and a golf bag.

And don’t you go messin’ with my Hello Kitty! :stuck_out_tongue:

I tend to stick to one board at a time - I don’t post around :slight_smile: The only other board I’ve been a regular on is the Australian board MOSH, a site devoted to Australian comedy, with special emphasis on the past and present activities of the now-defunct comedy trio DAAS (the Doug Anthony Allstars) from which I derived my nick. By the way? Funniest. People. Ever. :slight_smile:

Japan Forum: forum.japantoday.com/

VERY similar to forumosa content.

interesting discussions.

thorntree.lonelyplanet.com/ …used to post here a lot b4 i found forumosa…now i dont bother cos its mostly just people asking about cheap hotels for a 3 day stopover in hk

DASSGRRL,

I used to go to school with one of the guys from the Doug Anthony All Stars. He was very good friends with my sister.

OK, you knew I was going to ask - which one? And of course any other relevant, preferably embarrassing details will be much enjoyed :slight_smile:

[quote=“cornelldesi”]Japan Forum: forum.japantoday.com/
VERY similar to forumosa content. [/quote]

Yes, but much bigger and better. Forumosa could learn a lot from that site.

One thing though - I tried to register twice with different valid emails but still haven’t received any ‘activation thing’ by email, so I can’t post. Maybe you can’t register if you’re outside Japan (?)
I was thinking of posting some camera questions there.

[quote=“Spack”][quote=“cornelldesi”]Japan Forum: forum.japantoday.com/

[/quote]

Whatever you say, dear…if threads like this are typical of the forum, I’ll stay here:

forum.japantoday.com/some_advise … 213/tm.htm

Can’t anyone on that site spell?

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/

a man needs a hobby :slight_smile:

[quote=“mod lang”][quote=“Spack”][quote=“cornelldesi”]Japan Forum: forum.japantoday.com/

[/quote]Whatever you say, dear…if threads like this are typical of the forum, I’ll stay here:

forum.japantoday.com/some_advise … 213/tm.htm[/quote]

First of all, let’s not start calling each other ‘dear’, all right darling? People will talk!

The thread you linked to is not typical. Did you look around or just grabbed the first one that looked like a bad one to make a point?
Anyway, it doesn’t seem all that much different from stuff that gets posted here from time to time.

You ignore the great features on japantoday like the (News Discussion forum). It has links to the day’s top news stories around the world and then you can post comments underneath. The Photo Gallery and the New Chat are also fun features, which would be great to see on forumosa but then I guess japantoday has way more people visiting its site than forumosa, so it’s easier to make those features work.

Still can’t register though - bummer.

DAASGRRL,

The guy was Lou Dingemans. He now lives in St. Kilda suffering from a nervous breakdown.

Hmmm, that’s sad - but I’ve never heard of him! The Doug Anthony All Stars are/were Paul McDermott, Tim Ferguson and Richard Fidler, all of whom are doing quite well in their respective careers. However, I hear that Paul replaced an (unknown) member of the original group way back at the beginning when they were virtual unknowns, so if your info is right it may have been him. Interesting, thanks.