What pissed you right off today?

since arriving in taiwan there had been a lot of exemples,and this is not to yet again emphasize the negative sides of being here,but i’m sure we all want to know if we have a rainy cloud folowing us everywhere…

so i get the ball rolling with

-my visit to Chinatrust bank today (and many times before)…
i’m in to apply for a credit card,you’d agree it’s something that you want to be done properly right?
not an over the counter job…
well,first of all,how is it that the security guard at the door is the ONLY person that can speak english?? :loco:
(i do not expect everyone to have mastered english,as a foreigner i agree it is up to me to make the effort,but we’re not talking about the street vendor here…it’s a bank for chist’s sake!)
so,we get the proceedings started,together with a young lady who,of course,can’t speak a single word of english.
her difficulties means that she keeps looking right and left,asking out loud and sharing my personal details with fellows and customers,some of which even step in to “help”…privacy is obviously not a big thing here…

after much troubles and a lot of my time being wasted,they descide to call someone,who will “try” and translate everything over the phone (from taipei)
all that because in a major bank,with what look like an army of workers,not a single person,not even the manager,whom i asked to speak to out of sheer frustration,could speak what is known to be “the universal business language”

how on earth do you become bank manager if you can’t even say hello?

well i need a cup of tea and a shiatzu now…(sp?)

There’s an editing project - a pretty easy one, but I need a couple days of free time to complete it in. I got it yesterday. The agency said it would be Friday until they knew how much the client was willing to pay for it. I told them that I was going to Macau on Saturday evening for a 4-day trip, so could I know by Thursday. They said OK.

So I called today. They still didn’t know. Meanwhile, time’s a-wastin’ and I’m not going to work for free. Then they had the gall to ask, “Can you get it done by Monday?” and I had to remind them of my trip to Macao. They still said We’ll let you know tomorrow. Well, if I don;t know by tomorrow morning, I’ll say forget it. I’ve had good projects from them in the past, but they’ve jerked me around once too often now. :fume:

Nothing made me angry…but something made me cry.

I took my dog to the vet to get neutered (for the 2nd time…fucking Taiwan). Anyway the vet has her drugged and on her back with her legs tied up. And I’m looking at her eyes thinking “She seems still awake.” and as they begin to cut into her…she starts screaming and tries desperately to run with her tied up legs… :astonished: :help: . That didn’t make me cry…the vet had only made a small cut and he stopped and gave her some more drugs.

While waiting for my dog to wake up after the surgery a lady walks in with a baby Chihuahua…6 months old. The vet takes it out of it’s carrying case and it seems unconcious. Then the little thing starts to cry…and tries running while lying on it’s side…but is unable to open its eyes. The vet tells me the Chihuahuas has fluid build up around its brain…which is causing pressure. The tiny thing kept crying out for help as it tried to run…with its eyes closed. The poor little thing was trapped inside an ongoing nightmare from which it could not wake. I just stood there crying watching it.

And now I’m home with my dog…who is in agony…and isn’t speaking to me…because she’s highly intelligent…and she knows that I did this to her.

Oh…and I couldn’t sleep last night due to a pain in my side. It isn’t a cramp because it’s not tender…probably something inside. The pain is so bad that I can’t breathe when it hits…and I’ve blacked out twice. Yeah, yeah…I know…“go to a doctor” . :frowning:

Not to add to your pain, but she, your dog that is, should have been spayed.
BTW, get a new fucking vet Mordeth. More drugs indeed!

Sean made me mad today, and then I got mad at myself for getting mad at him. :s

Today is Wellcome’s last day of their Taiwan Beer special; 3 x 500ml cans for just NT$99. :frowning:

Not really pissed off but irritated when some dumbass on a scooter towing what I guess was his father, in a wheelchair, almost hit me :unamused:

I was fixing a drawer today that hasn’t been sliding too well and while doing so I undid a couple of screws and put them aside. When I came to screw them back in I looked over as Jack the dog licked them up and swallowed them.

Damn.

[quote=“jdsmith”]Not to add to your pain, but she, your dog that is, should have been spayed.
BTW, get a new fucking vet Mordeth. More drugs indeed! [/quote]

To neuter means to castrate OR spay: dictionary.reference.com/search?q=neutered

Don’t you write English teaching books? :wink:

[quote=“Mordeth”][quote=“jdsmith”]Not to add to your pain, but she, your dog that is, should have been spayed.
BTW, get a new fucking vet Mordeth. More drugs indeed! [/quote]

To neuter means to castrate OR spay: dictionary.reference.com/search?q=neutered

Don’t you write English teaching books? :wink:[/quote]

Well Bob Barker reminded me for years to spay and neuter my pets.

I defer to his wisdom.

:smiley:

" JDSmith!..Come on DOWNNNNN !!"

I’m very sorry in advance but this made me laugh heartily.

I’m going to be an asshole and say you’re in Taiwan - learn Chinese. But I also offer triple sympathy as compensation for that personal-details-over-the-counter nonsense that drives me mad.

My suggestion: go to Citibank. They give you a little private booth to chat about your embarrassing financial situations which has secured me as a lifetime customer.

[quote=“dablindfrog”]since arriving in taiwan there had been a lot of exemples,and this is not to yet again emphasize the negative sides of being here,but I’m sure we all want to know if we have a rainy cloud folowing us everywhere…

so I get the ball rolling with

-my visit to Chinatrust bank today (and many times before)…
I’m in to apply for a credit card,you’d agree it’s something that you want to be done properly right?
not an over the counter job…
well,first of all,how is it that the security guard at the door is the ONLY person that can speak English?? :loco:
(I do not expect everyone to have mastered English,as a foreigner I agree it is up to me to make the effort,but we’re not talking about the street vendor here…it’s a bank for chist’s sake!)
so,we get the proceedings started,together with a young lady who,of course,can’t speak a single word of English.
her difficulties means that she keeps looking right and left,asking out loud and sharing my personal details with fellows and customers,some of which even step in to “help”…privacy is obviously not a big thing here…

…[/quote]

[quote=“Hongda”]Not really pissed off but irritated when some dumbass on a scooter towing what I guess was his father, in a wheelchair, almost hit me :unamused:[/quote]Classic. :bravo: Where the hell is the video camera when you need it? :wink: :laughing:

I had a great day. The only thing that went not so great was I didn’t get 9 hours of beauty sleep, therefore I see an extra wrinkle now.

What I CAN complain about, though, is the sun. I wish it snowed. Friggity frig. I wish it was 10 degrees today.

[code]A message that you sent has not yet been delivered to one or more of
its recipients after 3 days.

The message has not yet been delivered to the following addresses:

my_taiwanese_supplier@ms12.hinet.net

SMTP error from remote server in greeting:
host ms12a.hinet.net[168.95.5.12]:
421 Too many SMTP sessions for this host[/code]

Too many SMTP sessions? Is Hinet completely loco? :loco: I’m using one of the world’s biggest webhosts, of course they’ll want to send lots of emails to Hinet, too. Establishing a quota and simply refusing to accept emails beyond that is even more stupid than using some crazy blacklist to block “SPAM”. I’m quite sure Hinet is responsible for Millions of US$ in lost deals for the Taiwanese economy.

Now I sent that email directly to ms12a.hinet.net via SMTP from my PC - hope this works (and no, I can’t just send a fax because I have to attach a file).

[quote=“llary”]I’m going to be an asshole and say you’re in Taiwan - learn Chinese.

[quote=“dablindfrog”]
(I do not expect everyone to have mastered English,as a foreigner I agree it is up to me to make the effort…[/quote][/quote]

selective reading? :stuck_out_tongue:

i spilled a box of pens.

ugh.

i had to pick them up off the floor and put them back in the box.

there must have been 12 pens on the floor!!!

it was so frustrating, i wanted to jump off the mackinac bridge.

but that would have just been silly (and fatal). so i just started grinding my teeth and huffing and puffing and shoved the pens back in their stupid little box, then everyone started staring at me.

jm

this site! :fume: :fume:

My sentiments exactly, jdsmith. Trying to read Forumosa today pissed me off to no end!

Like everday, the inbred jackoffs who run red lights and almost hit me.
:happybiker:

Also an old lady who tried to push me out of the way to get infront of me in line. I just put my arms firmly on the counter and blocked her way. She just gave me the slow blink :grrr: