What pissed you right off today?

That can be so satisfying![/quote]

Now have another reason to look forward to work everyday besides just getting to be with my students who I absolutely adore.

:smiling_imp:

What pissed me off today. I went to a massive massage place and not only had to deal with the usual “ha ha ha fei heiren”, but then the masseur put on latex gloves to work on my feet. I said, “Man, what a fucktard,” very audibly. Then in halting English he asked me, “Is it too hard?”

Friend of mine is a black girl. She went to a clothing store and asked to try something on…they told her she couldn’t even though there were changing booths.

Just had a key made for my car. One from the car company with the button to activate the alarm. Went to get it cut and they f***ed it up. It can still be used but you have to wiggle and jiggle it for 30 seconds before it turns. Their response was “oh well, you can still use it.” It is only a back-up key that hopefully I will never have to use but the point is the poor workmanship you see here.

Does anyone know of a Taiwanese person who takes any pride in their workmanship? I don’t.

[quote=“navillus”]

Does anyone know of a Taiwanese person who takes any pride in their workmanship? I don’t.[/quote]

One guy. He recovers scooter seats. I always tell him how great it is to see someone work with their hands who tries hard for perfection.

Sure, don’t be silly. :wink:

Sure, don’t be silly. :wink:[/quote]

Yeah, now that I’ve calmed down a little I suppose I can remember there are a few. They are few and far between though. I bought a house last year before it was actually finished and coming to see them work on it from time to time took years off my life I am sure. Read irishstu’s narration of his plumbing problems [Crappy Plumbing apply it to every part of a house and you have my situation. If I hadn’t come over to bitch at them from time to time I’d be into some of the messes the neighbors now have (leaking, backed up plumbing, 7000NT monthly water bill, the list is endless).

I can say that the guy who we hired ourselves to do some woodwork was first class. He did a very nice job. In general though…

Saturday morning was not good.

Woke up and the light above my computer burnt out. Turned on the TV and no signal. Wasn’t sure if it was me somehow not paying cable bill or the building. Was able to read a sign in the elevator about “??” something so I figured out maybe not just me. Went into work just to clean up a few things and my computer got killed by a virus. Thats a bad day. Almost afraid to bicycle home in fear of a blue truck or flat tire.

As to Taiwanese caring about their work. Sunday called a good friend. Came in helped me figure out a way to go after that bastard virus on my computer. He came in early Monday since he knew I would be there to see if it worked. It did. So not all Taiwanese don’t care.

But I must say Saturday sucked. Over here ( 1 year in a few days) I don’t have all the easy solutions like I would have back in the US. Like even telling my wife the light bulb burned out.

Mike

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!

I had just finished the first page of the “Not Really About Alleycat’s” thread, and now it has gone!

This is the THIRD TIME that something like this has happened to me!!!

THAT pisses me off…

How did it all end?

A car made a right turn right in front of me as I was crossing the street tonight.

That really pissed me off. :fume:

So I took my umbrella and scraped his car as he drove by.

It was pent up rage, I wouldn’t do it all the time, and I wouldn’t do it on a dark street. But am I glad I did it? Yeah…I am. Out of all the times drivers took my life as a joke, this joke’s on you buddy. And it’ll cost you a few thousand bucks.

The old slow assed bugger on the 10 000 year old scooter that turned left infront of me with out using his indicator light… :fume:

May his piles become inflamed.

[quote=“914”]A car made a right turn right in front of me as I was crossing the street tonight.

That really pissed me off. :fume:

So I took my umbrella and scraped his car as he drove by.

It was pent up rage, I wouldn’t do it all the time, and I wouldn’t do it on a dark street. But am I glad I did it? Yeah…I am. Out of all the times drivers took my life as a joke, this joke’s on you buddy. And it’ll cost you a few thousand bucks.[/quote]

Man, I want to do that almost every time I cross the street. Stupid cars.

I teach at a public Junior High/High School.

Today I got to class and the teacher had about 15 kids lined up outside the class as punishment. She was giving them shit and then told them to bend over and whacked them with a stick on the behind.

This pissed me off.

But what also pissed me off is that when the bell rang she continued on her tirade of child abuse for twenty minutes. They were in plane view of my class right outside. I think this shows such a lack of respect for me. It is my class after the bell rings.

So I went to the head of the English dept. and said to her

“The teacher for X class was outside beating the kids”

“Yes. I guess they were bad”, She said.

“But it interrupted my class.”

“Oh. Well what do you want me to do?”, She said.

“Well. Isn’t it illegal to for Teachers to hit children”, I said.

“Yes”

“I don’t want it to happen again”

:fume:

It’s time to move out of the stone age Taiwan.

[quote=“Lo Bo To”]

“Well. Isn’t it illegal to for Teachers to hit children”, I said.

“Yes”

“I don’t want it to happen again”

:fume:

It’s time to move out of the stone age Taiwan. [/quote]

Yeah, they should be more like America. There the kids can swear at the teachers…and perform oral sex in the bathrooms at age 12…and the teachers can’t punish them in any way shape or form. It would be cool if all of Taiwan was like that.

Sorry for the sarcasm…but I the best students I’ve seen here have been at the more “strict” schools that I’ve taught at. It does sound like the teacher went overboard in your story. But using physical punishment now and then to keep the students in line…isn’t the worst thing you could do.

I disagree. It just demoralises, embarasses and destroys kids’ self-esteem.

What pissed me off today?
Met a coward and a liar.
He cheated on me and stole my idea.

Lets’ see…I got up at six in the morning to use the bathroom. My eyes were pretty much closed I was so sleepy. Next to the toilet there is a wall-basket thingy suspended on hooks with bathroom stuff in it. Tooth brush, floss, razor, etc.

As I finished my business I’m not sure why but I totally missed the door and I hit my head against the door frame and knocked the basket off the hooks. I had just flushed the toilet and many things fell into it. I lost my razor, my floss, one pack of smokes that got soaked and my toilet is now plugged.

So there I was, at six in the morning with my hands in my own piss trying to save my things. Not to mention the severe cut above my left eye about one inch in lenght. I hit my head really hard, I almost needed stitches as the cut is quite deep. I then started to feel very hot and dizzzy and almost threw up. Thirty minutes later I was back in bed with a bandaid on my forhead. :s :s :s

bobepine

Oh dear bobepine, that’s worse than I was about to post. :laughing:

Rain, a loud dragon boat race in the bay and a forecast for a week of rain ahead.

HG

having to walk 1 mile to use the internet cafe, only to find out that it’s non smoking?!?! What’s the world coming to when a internet cafe in Taiwan has no bing lang spittles and nasty air to breath. :fume: :smiley:

You smoke? And I thought you were supposed to be a hottie… :frowning: …oh well, another illusion shattered by the internet.

Where is it, I would like to know…
Kinmen??