What pissed you right off today?

Like everday, the inbred jackoffs who run red lights and almost hit me.
:happybiker:

Also an old lady who tried to push me out of the way to get infront of me in line. I just put my arms firmly on the counter and blocked her way. She just gave me the slow blink :grrr:

Been waiting all day! Finally back up!

Waiting for this site to come back up!

[quote=“Lo Bo To”]Like everday, the inbred jackoffs who run red lights and almost hit me.
:happybiker:
[/quote]

Yeah, no shit.

:bravo:

Happens a lot with old people here. They just barge to the front of the line as if they believe they have a special right to do so. I put my foot down in these situations, too.

Uhmmm… TECO pissed me off today. Does this amaze anyone?
Otherwise, what an awesome day it was.

Can’t say I’ve been thoroughly pissed off today…mildly annoyed…a little schaudefreund-ism as I watched someone I dislike screw up horribly on something rather costly that she could have prevented if she hadn’t …aw shite, I’m not going to talk about work. Anyways, aside from having to go through five different people to get a single address this morning, I had a rather delightful day, especially at work. :smiling_imp:

That can be so satisfying!

Lo Bo To wrote: [quote]Like everday, the inbred jackoffs who run red lights and almost hit me. [/quote]

Yip, the traffic in Chia-i is pretty bad. There was a time when I would have happily shed my blood defending Taiwan. After thousands of hours on the roads, my attitude has changed to “f@ck them!”

Hopefully in the future all cellphones will have video cams!

I once also saw a couple on a scooter with the woman on the back holding onto a stroller…screaming through an intersection.
I couldn’t confirm if there was a baby in it.

That can be so satisfying![/quote]

Now have another reason to look forward to work everyday besides just getting to be with my students who I absolutely adore.

:smiling_imp:

What pissed me off today. I went to a massive massage place and not only had to deal with the usual “ha ha ha fei heiren”, but then the masseur put on latex gloves to work on my feet. I said, “Man, what a fucktard,” very audibly. Then in halting English he asked me, “Is it too hard?”

Friend of mine is a black girl. She went to a clothing store and asked to try something on…they told her she couldn’t even though there were changing booths.

Just had a key made for my car. One from the car company with the button to activate the alarm. Went to get it cut and they f***ed it up. It can still be used but you have to wiggle and jiggle it for 30 seconds before it turns. Their response was “oh well, you can still use it.” It is only a back-up key that hopefully I will never have to use but the point is the poor workmanship you see here.

Does anyone know of a Taiwanese person who takes any pride in their workmanship? I don’t.

[quote=“navillus”]

Does anyone know of a Taiwanese person who takes any pride in their workmanship? I don’t.[/quote]

One guy. He recovers scooter seats. I always tell him how great it is to see someone work with their hands who tries hard for perfection.

Sure, don’t be silly. :wink:

Sure, don’t be silly. :wink:[/quote]

Yeah, now that I’ve calmed down a little I suppose I can remember there are a few. They are few and far between though. I bought a house last year before it was actually finished and coming to see them work on it from time to time took years off my life I am sure. Read irishstu’s narration of his plumbing problems [Crappy Plumbing apply it to every part of a house and you have my situation. If I hadn’t come over to bitch at them from time to time I’d be into some of the messes the neighbors now have (leaking, backed up plumbing, 7000NT monthly water bill, the list is endless).

I can say that the guy who we hired ourselves to do some woodwork was first class. He did a very nice job. In general though…

Saturday morning was not good.

Woke up and the light above my computer burnt out. Turned on the TV and no signal. Wasn’t sure if it was me somehow not paying cable bill or the building. Was able to read a sign in the elevator about “??” something so I figured out maybe not just me. Went into work just to clean up a few things and my computer got killed by a virus. Thats a bad day. Almost afraid to bicycle home in fear of a blue truck or flat tire.

As to Taiwanese caring about their work. Sunday called a good friend. Came in helped me figure out a way to go after that bastard virus on my computer. He came in early Monday since he knew I would be there to see if it worked. It did. So not all Taiwanese don’t care.

But I must say Saturday sucked. Over here ( 1 year in a few days) I don’t have all the easy solutions like I would have back in the US. Like even telling my wife the light bulb burned out.

Mike

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!

I had just finished the first page of the “Not Really About Alleycat’s” thread, and now it has gone!

This is the THIRD TIME that something like this has happened to me!!!

THAT pisses me off…

How did it all end?

A car made a right turn right in front of me as I was crossing the street tonight.

That really pissed me off. :fume:

So I took my umbrella and scraped his car as he drove by.

It was pent up rage, I wouldn’t do it all the time, and I wouldn’t do it on a dark street. But am I glad I did it? Yeah…I am. Out of all the times drivers took my life as a joke, this joke’s on you buddy. And it’ll cost you a few thousand bucks.

The old slow assed bugger on the 10 000 year old scooter that turned left infront of me with out using his indicator light… :fume:

May his piles become inflamed.