What’s a something you do as a cyclist to make the world a little bit better?

[quote=“Liub, post:20, topic:168685, full:true”]
Oh I didn’t know that… Is that written somewhere? [/quote]
It’s written in the Chinese instructions. See Rule 02:
http://wa.ntpc.youbike.com.tw/new_account

1 Like

I bet they go through a full service of the bikes instead of just fixing what they find is wrong. Otherwise, finding the issue may take just as much time as going through a checklist.

I used to ride like a maniacal half-wit. I rarely do that now and it makes the world a little bit better.

Not the direction I foresaw the thread going, but I forgot…we are in Taiwan.

Has nobody, aside from @marasan stopped on the side of the road when someone looked like they were in need of help? Feel like that this local habit would rub off on more than one of us!

I’ve done it even when on a motorcycle, at least a couple of times. People like to jam on the front brakes… including myself.

A couple of times. I confess I haven’t done this recently because my Chinese is terrible and I wind up bewildering people. The other problem is that I don’t actually know how to use these tools I carry, so I’m sort of useless. Both times I’ve stopped I’ve simply caused confusion and been no use at all.

OK, I admit to that., and providing a spare tube (which I often carry on long rides even though I ride tubulars). I also admit to stopping to remove logs, boxes, and other nasty lumps of stuff from the side of the road, when i can safely do so, so that some other poor bastard who doesn’t have manoeuvering room might be forced to ride over it.

1 Like

Ha! Man after my own heart. I can’t ride past something sharp (nails/screws/glass) or hard (brick/lump of wood/metal) without turning to pick it up (if safe to do so). I figure the p God is watching, or the Karma Police :wink:

Have done it too, but probably more when riding motorcycle. When I’m on the bicycle it’s hard for me to stop and start again (unless I need it because I’m tired, which happens too!).