What’s a T? and what’s a Po?

Okay, I will try.

2 Likes

some po in taiwan are very pretty. they are more feminine then normal girls even

You didn’t just fucking say that… :roll:

3 Likes

I guess the term “manly” I used is simply wrong, sorry for the confusion. I guess it would be much better to say that “T” aim to look less stereotypically girly, and “P” much more so. “T” style looks more masculine or at least less feminine. All of the above refering to the common stereotypes.

Examples: T often use binders to hide their breasts shape, often have short hair, often dress with sporty or casual (only pants, no dress/skirt), often avoid makeup. P more often look very feminine, dressing up (often dress/skirt), using makeup.

But as @Hanna mentioned, it has been discussed before.

1 Like

Yes this seems to be Taiwan specific terms. The T and Po I know use it to describe themselves, so I guess it is not generally offensive.

T = Tomboy
Po = 婆

Normal read majority ie heterosexual

Go stand in the corner and repeat a hundred times “context is everything”.

1 Like

3 Likes

Okay, I see. That answers what I’ve been wondering for probably a decade! Thanks. Now I need to find the right thread to ask about stinky tofu and how that could enjoyed. Something I’ve been wondering for two decades.

Your Ts would be what ladies who like ladies used to call “Butch” when I was a kid.
I don’t know if that term is still OK.
I have heard Lea DeLaria use it, but she’s pretty far from…diplomatic, maybe???

This is all just so confusing to me. I think I’ll move on to another thread.

A man who preys on straight women by point his “wand” at them and “firing” at them, causing them to become a lesbian. The woman then has entered the lesbian culture due to the “spell” put on by the men.

Get the fuck out of here!
I’ve never heard that before, holy crap!

ETA fixed it

1 Like

People still say butch, but don’t often identify as butch anymore. It’s more of a qualifier of sorts. Butch is the diametrical opposite of femme, and someone’s personal style can fall anywhere along that spectrum.

Many butch lesbians seem to have reclaimed the word “dyke” as a self-descriptor. People also describe themselves as “masc,” short for masculine.

In my experience it was almost always used as an adjective, maybe with an “-y” on the end.

Well that would deffo fall into “OK for them to say it, but not you” category, I think.

Which is cool.

Times they are a-changin’. I most often hear “masc” or “dyke” or simply “lesbian” these days.

Yep that’s right. It belongs to the gays now.

1 Like

I definitely thought T was transexual so thanks for the explanation!

1 Like

This is, generally, a terrible assumption in 2020.

3 Likes

Assuming that anything isn’t offensive is a dangerous assumption in 2020.

2 Likes