What’s your mental quirk?

Continuing the discussion from Women peak at 18 on dating apps. Men peak at 50:

Tell me about your biggest idiosyncrasy, quirk/ hangup. What mental glitch (or asset, i guess it’s relative) sets you apart from your peers?

Anyone that says “no” than once in a row as an answer to a question or as an interjection. “No, no, no, no, no” in an extreme, yet common case would be a deal-killer!

Um…aren’t you supposed to go first?

I withhold judgement.
So I guess, ‘ya know,’ ‘like,’ ‘uhm,’ also fall under that category? I have friends whose speech have more interjections than content.

I phoned a friend on this one. His response will be more accurate than my own.

Tell him to post here directly so we get the unfiltered version. :grin:

I used to hate when people hang up on me, but now don’t really talk to people on phone anymore so that’s not a hangup anymore. Messaging apps have saved all that hang up hangup headache.

2 Likes

I hate people who say “an historic” instead of “a historic”.

3 Likes

A pet peeve is different that a mental glitch. Come on, tell me your real damage

My biggest hangup is that I’m hesitant to share my hangups with strangers. Oops, shit! :confounded:

Maybe they feel it’s necessary so people don’t mistakenly think they’re saying “ahistoric.”

My friend has spoken. He’s known me since I was 14. He says as I get older I get more restless, distracted and uncomfortable sitting still. I see how that would make hanging out awkward. Maybe I do act rushed even when I’m with people.
I was sure he’d say my speech. I think I’m succinct w my words. He thinks I’m cryptic. We have communication issues.

1 Like

Really scaredy-cow? Who better?

When I email or Skype or something to someone ON THE INTERNET and I use a term or reference with which they are immediately unfamiliar and they instantly shoot back a reply saying, like, “Who’s Dirk Diggler?” or “What’s YMMV” (yes, I do have contact with some pretty thick mofos), it drives me MENTAL.
Invariably, Googling it would have been WAY faster than asking me.
Anyways, I eventually just started ignoring their queries.
Lazy ass pigfuckers.

2 Likes

Gérard Depardieu, of course. :wink: