What schools pay the highest salary?

Filipino English teachers are uncommon in buxibans. Itā€™s surprising to come across one.

Thatā€™s how I meant it to sound.

I know :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Somebodyā€™s got to pour the gin and tonics after class.

Incorrigible :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m extremely late but do you mind elaborating on where these opportunities can be found? Iā€™m interested.

In teaching?

Wondering how things worked out for @jacobson8959. Update?

Yeah, Iā€™m fluent in English and Chinese but I didnā€™t expect there to be teaching opportunities that would make use of both, especially in Taiwan. Thanks for the info!

Found a position at a private school in Taipei, Iā€™m pretty pumped. Meds I am paying for out of pocket but I donā€™t care if I take the financial hit, just excited to be in Taiwan.

3 Likes

Hi there! Just reading all these commentsā€¦I would be very interested in finding out your thoughts on this. My wife and I were considering relocating back to Taiwan early next year. She is Taiwanese. If you were meā€¦with MBA, BA, CELTA and some EFL Teaching experience in Taiwan, and you were able to get Spouse ARC there, where would you look for teaching work first? Thanks so much for your guidance :slight_smile: Cheers. Michael.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Which schools pay the least?

Iā€™d look at private universities or international schools.

Wrong masterā€™s for uni, I think. Needs to be education or English related.

Thanks @BiggusDickus @DrewC ā€¦ MBA may help doing Business English later on. (hopefully get my foot in the door!)

1 Like

JFRV (spousal sponsored ARC) first. Then start hawking your wares.

2 Likes

sounds good!

Yeah step by step . Itā€™s just ten times easier when you have the JFRV and you look solid and settled here, do your interviews in person :sunglasses:.
It doesnā€™t stop you starting to send out a few feelers now though.

2 Likes

I keep getting teacher job offers , although itā€™s not what I do . It seems that the offers used to be around 500 -600 an hour in Taichung and they seem to have risen to -700 plus at present . Not sure if that is unusual ?

Youā€™re underselling yourself old chap.

I may be , but I feel terrible about my grammar ā€¦ no idea why but ā€¦ :joy:

1 Like