What should I be watching on TV?

Say theoretically, there was a way of watching TV online and I was able to watch things like

Desperate Housewives season 2 and
Lost season 2
and The 4400 and
tons of simpsons and south park

what else would you suggest I watch…theoretically?

My Name Is Earl
24 season 5
Family Guy
American Dad

theoretically, that is.

In order of quality:

Weeds (10 episodes only)
Arrested Development (1,2,3)
Deadwood (1,2)
Nip/Tuck (1-3)
Medium (1,2)
Invasion (1)
NCIS (1,2,3)
Scrubs (1-5)
My Name is Earl

1. Shameless
  2. Twin Peaks
  3. Seinfeld

That is all.

[quote=“Old Gobbo”]Nip/Tuck (1-3)[/quote]I’d second that one. Fantastic show.

Here’s a link to Weeds. It’s clever, funny, touching and last but not least, smokin’.

“Crystal like the champagne, might you be a stripper?”

Also, you gotta check out Boondocks to see what the real Riley and Huey are like. Hard hitting, edgy animation takes you places Homer and Bart are afraid to go. Pay particular attention to the brilliant Spike Lee homage featured in the episode The Block is Hot. Sure, it seems to be paying tribute to Do the Right Thing, but I personally believe it is actually pimpin’ The Inside Man. Great stuff.

I liked “Rome”, it’s a collaboration between HBO and the BBC. It tells the story of Julius Caesar’s rise to the throne of Rome and his ultimate fall. It’s only 12 episodes.

Lots of sex, nudity, and violence, so put the kids to bed before you watch.

Seinfeld … it’s on Star World (channel 107) weekdays from 7:30 - 8pm :wink:

Battlestar Galactica.

The Sci-Fi Channel’s reimagined series.

Really.

I’m not kidding.

[quote=“smell the glove”]

Battlestar Galactica.

The Sci-Fi Channel’s reimagined series.

Really.

I’m not kidding.[/quote]

I heard this was good. But I just couldn’t believe it. :blush:

I’ve been watching the first couple seasons of The Wire. Fantastic show. They take a fairly well-worn cliche (a hard-drinking, hard-boiled inner-city cop with a heart of gold tries to take down a sophisticated drug ring, but he’s being held back by tight-ass superiors) and just crank it up to 11. Instead of having one chief riding the guy’s ass, there are five different superiors he has to deal with on the chain of command, each with their own petty little agendas. Instead of having one drug kingpin, there’s a whole organization that’s enmeshed with crooked cops and politicians and engaged with their own turf war with other drug rings.

If you can keep up with the story, it’s pretty entertaining.

Guys, there is some discussion floating about about whether this thread violates Forumosan rules about not promoting illegal activities, like piracy for example. I hope we can stay on topic and discuss good shows that are worth watching, and not HOW to watch them or trade them. Keep the latter two off the public boards.

Thanks
jds

Battlestar Galatica IS good. I was surprised. Not as good as Farscape, when Farscape was on the ball, but far more consistent.

Thanks for reminder about “Rome.” I’d heard good things and forgotten. I hear Bleak House is good too.

I heard this was good. But I just couldn’t believe it. :blush:[/quote]
Me neither, until I stumbled onto it by accident - and was immediately hooked. A miniseries and two seasons later, it has garnered all sorts of critical acclaim and won a whole bunch of awards - including a Peabody last month. While I don’t completely agree with the analysis, Time Magazine went so far as to name it the best show of 2005:

http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,1141640,00.html

[quote]
-1-
Battlestar Galactica

(Sci Fi)

Most of you probably think this entry has got to be a joke. The rest of you have actually watched the show. Adapted from a cheesy '70s Star Wars clone of the same name, Galactica (returning in January) is a ripping sci-fi allegory of the war on terror, complete with religious fundamentalists (here, genocidal robots called Cylons), sleeper cells, civil-liberties crackdowns and even a prisoner-torture scandal. The basic-cable budget sometimes shows in the production, but the writing and performances are first-class, especially Edward James Olmos as the noble but authoritarian commander in charge of saving the last remnants of humanity. Laugh if you want, but this story of enemies within is dead serious, and seriously good.[/quote]

I heard Starbuck was a chick!!

Yup, she’s the one on the far right of the last pic I posted. Richard Hatch was all pissed off about that until he took a supporting role in the new series - and the fans have pretty much all come around. There was even a classic bit on the “Making of the New Battlestar Galactica” that had the new Starbuck and old Starbuck conversing together … in Starbucks.

BTW, Boomer is a chick too (played by Grace Park, below right), as is one of the lead Cylons (left):

Did I mention that I really like this show?

curb your enthusiasm good for some laughs! by seinfeld co-creator.

Already in season six - will end next year…

[quote=“smell the glove”]

Already in season six - will end next year…[/quote]

this season a bit dull though.

it’s a shame we can’t legally watch tv shows week in week out here in taiwan just as if we were back home huh? i forget how much i used to look forward to certain shows.

[quote=“Tempo Gain”][quote=“smell the glove”]

Already in season six - will end next year…[/quote]

this season a bit dull though.

it’s a shame we can’t legally watch tv shows week in week out here in taiwan just as if we were back home huh? I forget how much I used to look forward to certain shows.[/quote]

No commercials, no cliff hangers, the ability to watch an entire season on a typhoon weekend, fergit back home. This is where it’s at.