What should I do when I get COVID?

I don’t have a doctor

Thanks for letting me know not to call that number, though

if you need a document, you or your friend can call one of them for remote diagnostics.

Kaohsiung City provides a list of medical institutions for home-based rapid screening for positive judgments

高雄市提供居家快篩陽性判斷醫療機構清單

they have a list for foteigners.

List of medical institutions where foreigners can see a doctor or seek medical treatment via videoconference

1 Like

Thanks, @tando

But is @TT a risk if he goes back to work? This is very serious. Surely his employer should have a clear set of procedures for such a situation.

This is a deadly virus.

Oh, I don’t think I should go in this week. I think I should take some sick days. As much as it sucks to have this on a long weekend, at least I can get most of it out of the way without taking too much time off

I’ll follow @afterspivak’s advice and contact the school. If they say I have to drag my sick ass to the hospital, I’ll remember that. If they say I’m entitled to a few sick days and no problem, great.

Being contagious and going in was never an option. I just wasnt sure about reporting to the government.

2 Likes

You won’t get a reply from your uni. The problem with weak central planning.

I’m sure my supervisor will reply to me quickly, but it might be that the university requires a document. I hope not, but I guess some people would happily fake covid to get out of work. The lack of trust would be remembered, but not taken personally.

Overall, I think our management is better than the average (based on what I have read here)

pretty sure you need. and maybe you can work from home if you want. you can also take a leave if you dont want to work. the five days to be isolated maybe start from the day you see a doctor (day 0), not the day you got the positive result.

1 Like

Can someone please tell me how to find a clinic that does telemedicine? I just tested positive and I don’t know what to do. My boss says every clinic does it, but I can’t find one. I found a list of hospitals that do telemedicine but the links are either dead or I can’t figure out what to do, or they’ve stopped service already. My usual clinic says they don’t do it anymore.

This may help

https://www.cdc.gov.tw/Category/Page/lMjnuDmlYm87PmODnJa2qA

Yeah, that was the list I mentioned.

1 Like

If you’re not an oldster and if your symptoms are mild, the telemedicine option for new COVID cases is no longer a thing, and has not been a thing for a while.

I hope you’re feeling better soon.

Guy

1 Like

EDIT: It seems if you have severe pre-existing conditions and are young (12 and under) you can also get it. But I doubt that applies to your situation.

More details are here:

Guy

What am I supposed to do then? My company is insisting I get a diagnosis.

1 Like

Take a photo of your rapid test result. Tell them that’s what you got.

You could also phone 1922 for further advice.

Guy

That was the first thing I did. I called one hospital on the list and they were supposed to email me so I could send my medical information, but it never came. I have an appointment scheduled on the EUCARE app for a half-hour from now.

3 Likes

Let us know how it goes.

Take care,
Guy

@afterspivak, your post is very misleading.
it is different from diagnostic evaluation. It is on medical consultation for patients who are already diagnosed [確診者居家照護醫療服務].

WanFang Hospital provides Video Diagnosis and Treatment Clinic.
https://www.wanfang.gov.tw/p2_news_detail.aspx?dd=935

NTUH too, if you have been their patient,
https://reg.ntuh.gov.tw/webadministration/DoctorServiceQueryByDrID.aspx?HospCode=T2&QueryID=B00000&DEPTCODE=FM

http://newreg.cthyh.org.tw/new_CthWebReg/webreg/Reg/booking_vaccine_video_909.aspx?order=register

app not available in my country???

Weird. Try switching to your home wifi.

You will need two pieces of “documents” for your job - not on paper, screenshot just fine. That’s probably what the boss wants.

Where do you live?

If I was in your place, I’d use Google maps and just start calling local clinics, both ENT and general, in the vicinity. Hospitals tend to be more crowded/slower to reply.

Depending on age and condition, they might send you some meds. Or at least more tests. Have a friend handy for retrieval/delivery.

Good luck. Hope it is a mild case.

2 Likes